<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Best Birthday Ever! » | Bilingualization » | The 'WOW' Factor: Redux » | Holiday Recovery » | I've never cooked a turkey before » | Again with the weather! » | Pot Luck » | Know a good maid? » | Blathering » | Thursday Thirteen, VIII »

Surprise! Updated with Photos!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I got home from work and had a dozen red roses waiting for me. Then I changed for dinner. Us Texas gals gotta be comfy, so I threw on some jeans. I didn't know where I was going for dinner. When we pulled up to Love & War in Texas I was pleased. We went inside, and Surprise! my family and several friends were there! I had a great time. During dinner I sampled the Wild Boar that was on the menu. It was quite tasty and was spiced up with a peppercorn sauce of some kind. I altered my sides from what the menu provided though (ever seen When Harry Met Sally?) and got garlic mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. The mashed potatoes were to die for. They also have rather large Texas-sized draft beers. I had two and was ready for lights out. I got great gifts too! My mom and my sisters got me gift certificates to Run On! so I can buy my new trail shoes for my 25K run in Bandera. I got a Target (Tarjay) gift certificate from my friend Amy. My grandma made me a beautiful scarf. And Nick, the dear, got me a couple of gifts. First, I got a copy of a print that I saw at the Kimball on one of our dates. It's of a painting by Matisse called L'Asie (Asia). I love the vibrant colors and the exotic look of the female figure. He also got me Joe III. I love his voice. It's so deep and kinda gravelly. The song that clued me in to him was Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off. Give the sample a listen. It's a cute song. And he's not too bad to look at either! The biggest surprise of the evening though? My new Garmin Forerunner 201. I wasn't expecting it at all, and I was very surprised to get it. I've been wanting one for a while, but it's one of those 'expensive' toys. I was hoping to just get enough gift certificates to get one.                                                                             Nick givin' me a smooch                                                                       Sister, Grandma, Sister, Me & Mom                                                                                                                                    Me & Nick                                                                                                       Me wearin' my scarf my grandma made                                                  Oh Sexy Boyfriend! After everyone left, Nick said we had one more stop to make. I couldn't imagine where, but I got in the car like a good girl and waited on my last surprise. We wound down the evening by going to 'our' Starbucks. The one where we had our first date. We grabbed a couple of tall lattes and sat back in those big comfy chairs and reflected on the evening. No one has ever thrown me a surprise party before, and Nick had to do some scheming with my sister to get in contact with everyone. He did a great job and I was very surprised. Thank you, baby, for such a wonderful birthday.

12/01/2005 09:20:00 AM :: ::
21 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink