<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Cross Your Fingers... » | Christmas Cookies » | Location, Location, Location » | Now that it's December » | Surprise! Updated with Photos! » | Best Birthday Ever! » | Bilingualization » | The 'WOW' Factor: Redux » | Holiday Recovery » | I've never cooked a turkey before »

Thursday Thirteen, IX

Thursday, December 08, 2005


Thirteen Things about Interstellar Lass
1. I'm back on the Thursday Thirteen wagon. Sorry I missed the last two weeks! 2. We didn't get snow yesterday. :( 3. We got ice instead. :/
4. I wanted cold, and I got it!
5. My kids' school is closed today. They're excited. I was too. Up until last night. They really got on my nerves. I hope for their sake that they're better today. 6. I made gingerbread cookies last night. And drank Bailey's and coffee while I ate the cookies. It was good.
7. I plan to bake more today. And knit. And nap. And maybe work a little. If I have to. 8. I know most of you have marked your spot on my Frappr. If you haven't, hurry up and do it! 9. I am 12-0-1 in my Fantasy Football league. I've won 10 straight. 10. I went 16-0 this weekend in my Pick 'Em league. That's right. I picked all the NFL game winners correctly. Straight though. Not against the spread. That's too much work. 11. I'm thinking about making french toast for breakfast. But I'm almost out of cinnamon. I don't know if I have enough to make the cookies I want to make. Can I borrow a tablespoon or two from anyone? 12. Last night Nick and I watched Vanity Fair. I liked it, but I wasn't sure of what to make of Miss Becky Sharp. Was she good or bad or just tragic? I'm going to have to read the book I think to form an opinion. 13. Have I mentioned that Nick is fabulous? I am truly, truly lucky. :) Links to other Thursday Thirteens! PractiGal MommaK Raehan Squashed Toad Colleen @ Loose Leaf Marisa @ I have what? Mrs. Flinger Colleen @ Musings from the Edge Bone Megan Coyote Mike UziCue Sallwood MommyD BSTS
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12/08/2005 08:03:00 AM :: ::
24 Comments:
  • I would like a Bailey's on the rocks with a side of them, there cookies! It was as cold in TX as it was here in PA...that's darned cold!

    Have a wonderful day off!

    You know, I don't think you've ever mentioned how wonderful Nick was. But, thanks for letting us in on that! ;)

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 12/08/2005 09:09:00 AM

     


  • I have some cinnamon you can borrow. Shall I ship it to you? How fast do you need it.

    I'm so glad Nick is wonderful to you. I think you deserve him.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12/08/2005 09:13:00 AM

     


  • Picking against the spread violates the true spirit of football, and should be banned from all but the most serious gambling institutions. And parts of Cleveland.

    By Blogger Barry, at 12/08/2005 09:50:00 AM

     


  • I've got mine up too. I can't believe I mentioned John Lennon and then discovered it was the anniversary of his death....and that so many people have snow and area baking cookies!

    By Anonymous colleen, at 12/08/2005 09:52:00 AM

     


  • luv Vanity Fair. I think Miss Sharp would have to be, well, sharp. And of course, the book is better. But I love Renee Witherspoon too.

    They cancelled my classes too! Though, I am not as happy about this as one might assume. Its just shifting all of the pressure to next week.

    By Anonymous Crystal, at 12/08/2005 10:25:00 AM

     


  • I'll trade you some cinnamon for some Bailey's! Mmmmm.... cookies and Baileys!!

    Ice is a bummer. Glad you still have power!

    By Blogger Marie, at 12/08/2005 10:38:00 AM

     


  • I'll have some cookies please!!!and I hit your map too!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 12/08/2005 10:43:00 AM

     


  • Mmmmm, french toast.

    I could send you some cinnamon, but the french toast would get cold by the time it got there.

    I'll hit your map...

    I played this week, too. :-)

    By Blogger Marisa, at 12/08/2005 11:34:00 AM

     


  • Hi! I came from Marie via the Thursday Thirteen (I decided to play this week, finally).

    I miss the days when we could go to a neighbor and ask for a Tbs of Sugar or Cinnamon or whatnot. Now adays, you might get shot or something. It's horrid. But if I was close, you could TOTALLY borrow some. 'Course I'd need a cookie in return. ;-)

    By Blogger Mrs. Flinger, at 12/08/2005 11:37:00 AM

     


  • Happy Thursday 13! Ice eh? Yuck. I hate ice. I can't believe you wanted the cold! Gah.

    How are your kids so far today? Are they behaving?

    Have a great day.

    By Anonymous Chickadee, at 12/08/2005 11:52:00 AM

     


  • Hi! I love French Toast. We always made that growing up. I love ginger cookies, too.

    Nick is clearly a wonderful man because he sat through Vanity fair with you. My husband would have either fallen asleep or skipped out.

    By Blogger Raehan, at 12/08/2005 11:53:00 AM

     


  • Wow, I am very impressed by your football picking skillz!

    Here is my Thursday 13.

    By Blogger Bone, at 12/08/2005 12:16:00 PM

     


  • mmm... Bailey's. Acutally... I like a little amaretto as well once in a while.

    By Blogger SquashedToad, at 12/08/2005 12:23:00 PM

     


  • You're trapped in the house with the kids and you're giving them cookies? You're the Indiana Jones of mothers!

    And how much Bailey's did you have to give Nick to get him to sit through "Vanity Fair"? Aww, come on, you can tell us...

    Here's my 13.

    By Blogger Finn, at 12/08/2005 12:26:00 PM

     


  • For some reason this makes me think of my mother making anatomically correct Gingerbread People. The female ones are easy . . . a pair of unmelted chocolate chips and some descreatly placed chocolate sprinkles. The males were more difficult. I don't really remember how she did it . . . I didn't eat any of those.

    She also somtimes does the same with snowmen and snowwomen. That is a strange place for a carrot.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 12/08/2005 01:42:00 PM

     


  • Here's my 13:

    http://uzismusings.blogspot.com/2005/12/thursday-13.html

    By Blogger UziCue, at 12/08/2005 02:37:00 PM

     


  • Wait! Feels like 1 degree? I don't think I can even wrap my mind around that kind of cold. Ka-razy!

    By Blogger Michele, at 12/08/2005 02:57:00 PM

     


  • Hey Lass- Been through the Texas ice storms. You don't know cold till you're outside and your car won't start and you walk to Sam's to buy a battery, then walk back and install it yourself, all the while being pelted by freezing rain till your hair has a nice layer of hoar frost on it. By contrast, I also installed a water pump on the same nasty car in August with no shade tree in the parking lot of our condo complex. Gimme Spring or Fall anyday.

    Here's my 13. www.myown2feet30.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 12/08/2005 03:16:00 PM

     


  • I'm 5-8 in my fantasy league. I blame it on the fact I didn't get Peyton Manning. :p

    By Blogger FTS, at 12/08/2005 04:54:00 PM

     


  • For my last meal on death row, I'm having french toast. Hypothetically speaking of course.

    My kids had one full-blown snow day and two 2-hour delay days this week. I've had enough excitement for one week.

    Nick watched Vanity Fair with you? Geez, I'd say your man picking skills are as good as your football picking ones!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 12/08/2005 04:55:00 PM

     


  • I love gingerbread cookies and french toast. Can we come over? I saw it was so icy in TX. Yikes! Be careful if you go out to get more cinnamon! Here is my 13... http://multiplemania.blogspot.com/2005/12/thursday-thirteen.html

    By Blogger mommy d, at 12/08/2005 05:15:00 PM

     


  • so many yummy things mentioned and of course you can borrow anything you need. if i don't have it, i'll go pick it up at the store for you!
    i'm playing this week too (welcome back)

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 12/08/2005 06:44:00 PM

     


  • Bailey's can cookies ... can't wait till I am 21! haha. love ya sis! (Oh by and by, I think I wrote my first "serious" post in a long, long time tonight, but it might just simply be another midnight ramble.)

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 12/09/2005 12:30:00 AM

     


  • I hope the day off was a good one! Too cold for me!

    By Blogger Texas_Ivy10, at 12/09/2005 09:14:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink