<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | What we don't know... » | Self-Diagnosis » | White Rock » | I'll pencil you in... » | Thursday Thirteen, IX » | Cross Your Fingers... » | Christmas Cookies » | Location, Location, Location » | Now that it's December » | Surprise! Updated with Photos! »

Thursday Thirteen, X

Thursday, December 15, 2005


Thirteen Things about Interstellar Lass
1. Woo Hoo! It's my Tenth Thursday Thirteen! 2. I met my Ex's new girlfriend on Sunday. Three words. Skinny, blond, dingy. He traded down. 3. And of course he has me meet her after I'd run my marathon, taken a two hour nap, hadn't bothered to put on makeup, barely had my hair done, and was in sweats. Bastard. 4. I need to visit the automotive repair shop. No, not because I ran over the skinny, dingy, blond and need to smooth out that dent in my bumper. I have three lights out on my car. Headlight, tail-light, brakelight. 5. This weekend I'll be putting up my outside Christmas lights. Zed is about to have a coronary if we don't get them up. "There's only one more week till Christmas mom!" "What about the lights?" "We're going to put up the lights this weekend, right?!" 6. Elle and Zed both went to the dentist last week. Another clear report! No cavities. Here guys, have some Christmas cookies... 7. Zed tore is second pair of contacts. So, it's been one month since he's had them and he's on his third pair. I'm making him wear his glasses for a week. 8. Zed and Elle also lost their jackets. Elle found hers. Zed didn't. His dad said he'd buy him a new one. That's good, because I wasn't going to. Not after the contacts. 9. I am 13-0-1 in my Fantasy Football league. I've won 11 straight. This is starting to get boring. I know I shouldn't complain. I don't want to lose. But it makes it kinda not exciting. 10. I didn't do as well in my Pick 'Em last week. Oh well. New weekend, new picks. We'll see how I do. 11. I'm starving. I've been starving since Sunday night. 12. I'm nervous about being injected with radioactive substances. That doesn't sound like fun and I hate needles. 13. I've got to get to work! I've been slammed! If you leave me your link I swear I'll link it later tonight. I thought the end of December was supposed to be slow! Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Leave me your link and I'll put you here!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12/15/2005 07:56:00 AM :: ::
16 Comments:
  • Ugh! Meeting the ex's new girlfriend sucks!! I think it's just awkward, especially when the ex makes it awkward. Mine kept telling me that even though she lived with him, they slept in different bedrooms. Give me a break, like I care if they sleep together. Hello, I just had a baby with someone else!! Ex-husbands are losers!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 12/15/2005 08:40:00 AM

     


  • yeah, there's no dent from the skanky blonde . . . you just bounced her head against your headlight, taillight, and brakelight, right?

    Should have gone after her boobs. If she is with a guy who would give up you, hitting her head couldn't do too much damage :P

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 12/15/2005 10:07:00 AM

     


  • Radioactive? Are you going to be glowing green this week?

    By Blogger FTS, at 12/15/2005 10:32:00 AM

     


  • Hey babe,

    Here's my list link:

    http://uzismusings.blogspot.com/2005/12/uzis-thurday-13.html

    By Blogger UziCue, at 12/15/2005 10:35:00 AM

     


  • Congrat's on your 10th Thirteen.... not sure how many I've now done.

    Injected with radioactive? hehe... I used to work at a cancer center with the imaging and radiation treatment equipment. You shouldn't feel anything!

    I've got my 13 up!

    By Blogger SquashedToad, at 12/15/2005 12:50:00 PM

     


  • It's heartening when you see the ex's new girlfriend isn't a patch on yourself!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 12/15/2005 01:18:00 PM

     


  • Your ex sounds like he did trade down. Hope your injection isn't too painful. Post a pic of your lights after you get them up! Here is my link... http://multiplemania.blogspot.com/2005/12/thursday-thirteen_15.html

    By Blogger mommy d, at 12/15/2005 01:40:00 PM

     


  • I guess you could think of the injection of radioactive substances as a good thing. Not only will you probably get a clear diagnosis of your foot, but you might be able to forgo the hanging of the Christmas lights and the car repair.

    Yeah he traded down!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 12/15/2005 01:51:00 PM

     


  • Clearly he was incapable of being with a vibrant, sexy, intelligent woman.

    You're a Porsche, he needs a Festiva.

    I'm an excellent driver.

    By Blogger An Observer, at 12/15/2005 03:11:00 PM

     


  • Injected with radioactive substances...gah. I hope that doesn't hurt too badly. I know most hospitals nowadays will numb your hand when they start an IV. Maybe you'll get lucky and have that occur.

    Your boy kinda sounds like me at his age. Not sure it will get better with time. LOL.

    My 13 are up!

    By Anonymous Chickadee, at 12/15/2005 04:15:00 PM

     


  • Three lights out? That would bug me. If any light goes out on my car, I have to go get a replacement as soon as possible.

    Here's my thirteen.

    By Blogger Bone, at 12/15/2005 04:17:00 PM

     


  • I've gotten pulled over for having one light out!

    Anytime meeting the new "chicky" sucks. Unless she's fat and ugly. Then I'd be laughing gleefully for the rest of the day.

    Tests and procedures are scary...good luck with that!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 12/15/2005 06:54:00 PM

     


  • LOL, he traded down! Woot!

    I hope your radioactive testing goes ok.

    My 13 are up :)

    By Blogger Running2Ks, at 12/16/2005 03:56:00 AM

     


  • I think numbers 2 and 3 are my favorites.

    By Blogger DeeJay, at 12/16/2005 08:06:00 AM

     


  • http://whisperingsfromthewings.blogspot.com/

    My 13 are up and but not nearly as fun as yours, and my ex didn't trade down, he didn't get a new one at all, not in 8 years. Awwwww poor baby. *laughs maniacly*

    By Blogger Happy Mama to Three, at 12/16/2005 09:39:00 AM

     


  • Well, at least you know where his money is going if he can't buy your kids new coats . . . gotta get that skinny skank some boobs somehow. Gotta save up :P

    If things don't work out with Nick, can I come marry you?

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 12/16/2005 10:17:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink