<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | I'll pencil you in... » | Thursday Thirteen, IX » | Cross Your Fingers... » | Christmas Cookies » | Location, Location, Location » | Now that it's December » | Surprise! Updated with Photos! » | Best Birthday Ever! » | Bilingualization » | The 'WOW' Factor: Redux »

White Rock

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Off to run another 26.2. Wish me luck. Current temperature is 33 degrees. Start-time temperature is forecast to be 37. Then it looks like it turns into perfect running weather. :)
Update: Well. I finished. But I don't really want to talk about it. I mean, I finished, right? And that's what matters? I just didn't feel right all morning. Both mentally and physically. I wasn't excited to run it. I wasn't there in 'race mode'. When I started running I felt OK, but the first 6 miles of the course is a gradual climb. I felt OK at 6 miles, and was right on my predicted pace time. But somewheres around miles 8-9, I couldn't ignore the pain anymore. Everything hurt from my waist down. Hips, knees, ankels, quads, glutes. I wanted to quit. I almost had myself talked into quitting. At the half turn-off, I almost went right instead of going straight. But I didn't. I cried at mile 23. I wanted to sit down in chairs that were in lawns with spectators lining the course. But I didn't. At mile 24 my determination set back in and I had faster miles on 24, 25, and 26 than I had in the last 15. It was a finish. It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't fast, but I finished. I'm having trouble being proud of myself though. I am proud of me, but since I'm my own worst critic, it still wasn't good enough. I'm going to have to think about whether I'm going to run another full marathon. Half's and 25Ks are sounding really good right about now.

12/11/2005 05:35:00 AM :: ::
25 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink