<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Times Two » | La maldición de Bandera » | Thursday Thirteen, XII » | Happy New Year » | Interstellar Year In Review » | Interstellar Christmas » | Christmas Past » | Merry Christmas Eve! » | Thursday Thirteen, XI » | Remember When??? »

The 5 Strange Habits of Interstellar Lass

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I got tagged by Barry, so here goes: The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. 1. I have a 'thing' about how my clothes hang in the closet. When placing an item of clothing on the coat hanger, the hanger part should open on the left side. So, if an item is hanging on the right side of the closet, all fronts point towards the back. If an item is hanging on the left side of the closet, all fronts point towards the front. Nick has learned this rule. 2. I eat my foods one at a time. If there is a meat and two vegetables on the plate, I eat the meat first. Then my least favorite of the two veggies and then my favorite veggie. If I have an appetizer with my dinner, my salad or entree better not come until I'm finished with the appetizer. Same if I have a salad. My hot entree better not come out right on top of it. If the food is all mixed up, like a pasta dish, that's fine. The exception is eggs. I eat the eggs with ham, bacon, or sausage. Bite of egg with bite of sausage. 3. At night, when I check that my front door is locked, I unlock the door and then re-lock it. Sometimes twice. I do this with other things too. Doors, appliances, my car, etc. I'll also pack something, and I know I packed it, but I'll double check that it's there two or three times before I stop checking. 4. I don't eat the crusts on bread or pizza. Except if it's the stuffed-crust pizza. Then I'll eat the crust. I also don't eat the heel of the bread. 5. When I look at license plates, I always try to make some kind of pattern out of them. Number patterns, words, whatever. And we're not just talking about vanity plates. I also count when I work out. In my head. Counting patterns. I get so confused by the numbers and patterns that I forget how long I've been working out. These are all the strange things I could think of. I'm sure there are more that I don't think are weird, but other people I know think are totally bizarre. If you know me, please let me think these are the only weird things about me. I know I'm strange, but let me pretend to be normal, OK? I won't tag anyone else with this. I know, party-pooper and all, but if you feel the need to share, go right ahead. Show me I'm not the only weirdo out there.

1/11/2006 10:38:00 AM :: ::
6 Comments:
  • I thought for a fleeting moment that I would do this. But I really don't think I could come up with 5 things. I have the hangar issue but I think that just comes from working in retail for years. Other than that, I don't have anything. Can't wait to see Bone do this one!!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 1/11/2006 12:31:00 PM

     


  • Bone already did this one.

    Lass, my fellow OCD blogger. I almost always turn the doorknob and pull to make sure it is locked at night. Don't eat pizza crusts either.

    I also do counting in my head. I'll count steps when I'm running. Sometimes I'll spell out words with my tongue in my mouth and the number of "strokes" has to equal 20 or a multiple of 20. I know it makes no sense.

    By Blogger Bone, at 1/11/2006 12:54:00 PM

     


  • I do the same thing with the doors!

    By Blogger Jen, at 1/11/2006 02:30:00 PM

     


  • Nope, no way I could out-weird this. You are the Queen of Weird. :p

    By Blogger FTS, at 1/11/2006 03:11:00 PM

     


  • Someone tagged me with this one too. I'm trying to narrow the list down to just 5.

    Those poor heels and crusts - so unappreciated. I do the counting/pattern thing too. I find it rather psycho.

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 1/11/2006 04:53:00 PM

     


  • Oh I am supposed to do this tag too. Haven't yet. I have that same issue with hangers too. Weird.

    By Blogger mommy d, at 1/11/2006 10:00:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink