<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | She's too young for a crush » | I'm going to run away! » | There will be a test later... » | People Never Amaze Me » | Enough Already! » | Thursday Thirteen, XIV » | Fore For Four » | They Found Me » | You Got A Martha? » | I Married Superman »

Doldrums

Monday, January 30, 2006

DOLDRUMS [doldrums] or equatorial belt of calms, area around the earth centered slightly north of the equator between the two belts of trade winds. The large amount of solar radiation that arrives at the earth in this area causes intense heating of the land and ocean. This heating results in the rising of warm, moist air; low air pressure; cloudiness; high humidity; light, variable winds; and various forms of severe weather, such as thunderstorms and squalls. Hurricanes originate in this region. The doldrums are also noted for calms, periods when the winds disappear, trapping sailing vessels for days or weeks. When the most exciting part of the weekend is getting a new slightly used refrigerator, making a kick-ass Shepherd's Pie and finishing Sunday's Sudoku puzzle and the Sunday Crossword and beating Nick at a late-night game of Mexican Train Dominoes...well, what else is there? Domestic bliss...ahhhh...refreshing.

1/30/2006 11:02:00 AM :: ::
11 Comments:
  • Sometimes quiet weekends are the best, I battled crowds and heat and more crowds :)
    Have a great week.

    By Blogger WendyWings, at 1/30/2006 11:43:00 AM

     


  • Ooo, sudoku! I like.

    Mexican train dominoes?

    By Blogger Bone, at 1/30/2006 12:02:00 PM

     


  • Listen to me: step AWAY FROM THE SUDOKU! You have so much to live for - a family, a job, friends...it's not worth throwing it all away for those 9x9 little boxes. Trust me - I lost everything to Sudoku puzzles. It started innocently enough - my Aunt Barb got me to try "just one." An hour later, I was hooked. I can't go a day without it. I had to change my phone number because there were 2 6's in it. I had to move because of two 1's in my address. I stopped going to my job at 2555 Grand because...we'll, you know. I now give $4.98 bj's down on Independence Avenue just to buy the sudoku books from Osco. It's terrible. It's an addiction. Don't throw your life away like me...

    By Blogger JustCara, at 1/30/2006 02:17:00 PM

     


  • I had a case of Sudoku once. Doctor gave me an antibiotic and some ointment. It was gone in a week.

    I wouldn't say Lass is addicted to the popular everyone else is doing it puzzle craze, but when I mentioned I might do the puzzle today, my life was threatened.

    I've noticed there are also some variations on the pronunciation of the word Sudoku. It really doesn't matter how you say it as long as you sound like John Bulushi as a Samurai when you do.

    By Blogger An Observer, at 1/30/2006 02:45:00 PM

     


  • that sounds like a perfect weekend to me.

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 1/30/2006 05:47:00 PM

     


  • wow, you've been married almost a month and already you're an old married couple.

    Just kidding. I'm jealous of the love you two obviously have. Enjoy it.

    But burn the soduku. It's not worth it.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 1/30/2006 07:14:00 PM

     


  • It is refreshing! How funny that we can love a life without drama!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1/31/2006 11:42:00 AM

     


  • i'm going to have to try those sudoku puzzles. I need all the addictions I ccan get! lol

    By Anonymous Laura, at 1/31/2006 02:01:00 PM

     


  • You've got to get away from Sudoku!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 1/31/2006 02:26:00 PM

     


  • Compared to my weekend, that sounds so wonderful. Your writing seems happy. I like that. I'll be back for the Shepherd's Pie recipe. Love the stuff...

    ~m

    By Blogger michaelm, at 2/01/2006 05:46:00 AM

     


  • I love a quiet weekend! Yours sounds great...

    By Blogger Marie, at 2/01/2006 07:40:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink