<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Thursday Thirteen, XIV » | Fore For Four » | They Found Me » | You Got A Martha? » | I Married Superman » | Thursday Thirteen, XIII » | The 5 Strange Habits of Interstellar Lass » | Times Two » | La maldición de Bandera » | Thursday Thirteen, XII »

Enough Already!

Friday, January 20, 2006

UGH! Here at work they're opening up some new office space. We've got construction crews running around, and one of the workspaces is right across the hall from my office. And.I.Am.Irritated!!! For the last month, this has been going on. Saws...drills...banging...yelling...metal clanging...laughing...tales of the previous night's exploits...guys barking like dogs...cussing... This morning was the last straw. My office mate and I have complained to facilities. We've complained to our boss. We were assured that the construction would be over soon. Well, it's not. This morning was it for me. The noise has not subsided. In fact, it's gotten worse. Today's special? Moaning. I sat here for a moment and wondered if I was hearing it correctly. Then I wondered if it would stop. No it did not. A month's worth of frustration boiled up in me, and I got up and opened my office door. My neighbor next door heard it too. He was sticking his head out of his office. We stared at each other. What the hell!?!? he mouthed. So, I walked across the hall, stuck my head in the space between the plywood covering the gaping hole in the wall and said: "Can we cut out the moaning please?!? We can hear it in our offices!" It's been mostly quiet since. Average construction noise. But no moaning or other extraneous noises. Mission accomplished.

1/20/2006 09:29:00 AM :: ::
18 Comments:
  • "Saws...drills...banging...yelling...metal clanging...laughing...tales of the previous night's exploits...guys barking like dogs...cussing..." this sounds like a normal day in my office!! Good for you for standing up for some moaning-less work time!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 1/20/2006 10:07:00 AM

     


  • Moaning? Too weird. Why in the world was someone moaning. Freaky!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1/20/2006 11:20:00 AM

     


  • LOL!!

    By Blogger UziCue, at 1/20/2006 11:40:00 AM

     


  • Moaning? Do you even want to know why?

    By Anonymous Nancy, at 1/20/2006 12:05:00 PM

     


  • Did you find out what it was? inquiring minds want to know...love your writing!!!

    By Blogger ===, at 1/20/2006 01:27:00 PM

     


  • Personally, I'd be a bit concerned about a construction worker that moaned. There's no moaning in power tools.

    By Blogger FTS, at 1/20/2006 01:34:00 PM

     


  • Moaning??? Did someone cut the wrong thing with a saw or what? Wait, I don't think I really want to know.

    By Blogger Twist of Kate, at 1/20/2006 02:41:00 PM

     


  • the Richard Simmons Construction Company?

    By Blogger Jim, at 1/20/2006 03:00:00 PM

     


  • hope they gave you workboots and hardhats to wear with all that going on!
    hope you have a quiet weekend after that.

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 1/20/2006 08:35:00 PM

     


  • Did they have builder's bums too? ;-)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 1/21/2006 07:58:00 AM

     


  • I bet you a nickle that they were watching an "adult film" and/or were doing something very wrong with their "tools."

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 1/21/2006 08:54:00 PM

     


  • Moaning? What in the heck were they doing that moaning was involved?

    By Blogger Indigo, at 1/21/2006 11:40:00 PM

     


  • Woo Hoo! You Go Girl! I think it was very possible that these very mature folks had no idea that they were being heard (and that all your previous complaints went on deaf ears) see as they immediately shut up. Sounds to me that they might have even been embarassed about it. At least that's what I'm hoping for you.
    However, if they start up with it again, you could say something along the lines of "could you please not give us all the details and get to work so that you'll be finished soon?"

    By Blogger Renee, at 1/22/2006 12:43:00 AM

     


  • How come nothing that strange and interesting ever happens at my workplace? Oh, because they never finished the construction! Five years later, we are still waiting for sinks and baseboards!

    By Blogger Miss Cellania, at 1/22/2006 12:54:00 AM

     


  • Gotta wonder about the moaning, huh? Hmm. No, don't really want to know!!

    I've answered your question from the other day... come on over..

    By Blogger Marie, at 1/22/2006 01:39:00 PM

     


  • Never had to put up with 'moaning' in anywhere I've worked, more like whinging, complaining etc.

    By Blogger culfy, at 1/23/2006 06:01:00 AM

     


  • I just want to know why they were moaning... my curiosity is so aroused....

    I feel for you... hope the disruption doesn't get any worse....

    By Anonymous The Womanmoose, at 1/23/2006 06:21:00 AM

     


  • we must work in the same buidling!!!

    By Blogger txlass, at 1/23/2006 07:04:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink