<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Doldrums » | She's too young for a crush » | I'm going to run away! » | There will be a test later... » | People Never Amaze Me » | Enough Already! » | Thursday Thirteen, XIV » | Fore For Four » | They Found Me » | You Got A Martha? »

Interstellar Travel Guide

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

To boldly go! Well, not quite James T. Kirk, but I do have that wanderlust in my soul. If I had the means and the ability, I would go just about anywhere. I remember in the movie Mask Rocky had a map filled with push-pins of all the places he wanted to go. I would love to fill up a globe with pins or flags or something of places I've been. While my US Map is fairly full, my World Map is sadly lacking. Where would I go? Where wouldn't I go is the more appropriate answer. Top of my list: 1) Nepal: A mysterious country. The temples and the country and the people seem so interesting. You won't find me on the top of Mt. Everest though. No thanks. I'll look at it from the bottom. 2) Iceland: Gysers, hot springs and ice caps. About as close as I care to get to the Arctic circle while sitting in a natural hotspring. Does anything really sound much better? 3) Morocco: Casablanca, Fez, Marrakesh. Need I say more? 4) Peru: Ancient Incan temples, the Andes and the Nazca Lines. Oh! And llamas! 5) New Zealand: Albatross, fjords and mountains. And I have to see where The Lord of the Rings movies were made! Who wants to come with?

1/31/2006 01:36:00 PM :: ::
11 Comments:
  • I've got a bit of the wanderlust too! Usually happens about this time of year - winter blahs I guess. I'm dreaming of the tropics! Although I'd stowe away on any of your travels. Great destinations!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 1/31/2006 05:08:00 PM

     


  • i would love to go to morroco, it seems to exotic.

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 1/31/2006 08:21:00 PM

     


  • You've got that hot hubby to go with you now. You're all set!!

    Thank you for all of your kind words and comments yesterday. I can't believe you went back and read all of those old posts! You must be a glutton for punishment or maybe just had a really slow day at work ;-) You are so sweet and I am extremely grateful to know you and call you friend.

    xoxox

    By Blogger MommaK, at 2/01/2006 07:22:00 AM

     


  • Oooo, oooo, I wanna go, can I go? Take me please!!!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 2/01/2006 08:49:00 AM

     


  • I have the travelbug too,but right now I'd settle for just being able to see all of my family each year. I'm a history nut so I gravitate toward historical sites. I've never been to Philadelphia or D.C.. But I've always wanted to go to places like Rome, Greece, Israel to study ancient civ and art. Not that a natural hotspring overlooking a mountain meadow wouldn't be gorgeous.

    Oh, by the way...my blog has been reincarnated, so come visit me at www.ohjoyohraptureabrain.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 2/01/2006 09:06:00 AM

     


  • I'll go with you to number 3. That sounds wonderful. But, llamas? I don't know about that.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 2/01/2006 09:34:00 AM

     


  • I could so see you in Antarctica, too. Did you know you can take a two-week cruise there and back departing from Argentina? I'm dying to do it!

    By Blogger Suburban Turmoil, at 2/01/2006 10:39:00 AM

     


  • I do! I do! I want to go see all of those places too! Though I have one or two others on my top list. What you could do is set up a savings account just for travel, and whenever it gets big enough, go on one of these trips, then start saving again when you get back, etc. I have a travel savings account right now, though it is only for Spring Break and a trip this summer.

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 2/01/2006 11:00:00 AM

     


  • I'll give you Iceland and New Zealand and trade you Peru and Napal for Ireland and Germany.

    Of course there's always the mountains and never ending skies of Montana.

    By Blogger An Observer, at 2/01/2006 11:05:00 AM

     


  • MMM.... I would love to go to New Zealand or Australia. But pretty much where there is sand and sea you can count me in!!!

    xoxo -- FlattenedFrog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/01/2006 11:18:00 AM

     


  • i do! i do!

    we should have a blogger convention in one of these places someday when we all win the lottery :)

    By Blogger Crystal, at 2/01/2006 10:09:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink