<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Enough Already! » | Thursday Thirteen, XIV » | Fore For Four » | They Found Me » | You Got A Martha? » | I Married Superman » | Thursday Thirteen, XIII » | The 5 Strange Habits of Interstellar Lass » | Times Two » | La maldición de Bandera »

People Never Amaze Me

Monday, January 23, 2006

Actually, they never cease to disappoint me. I should be made Empress of the Universe for just like 10 minutes so I can get rid of all the stupid people out there. First there's my internal project sponsor. I waited two extra days for comments from this yahoo. He can't even bother to show up for scheduled meetings, much less provide approvals on time. So, I finally get his comments today...and guess what? Yep, the section that relates to the application that his team will use? No comments. The comments that he did provide? Utterly useless. Things he would have known had he bothered to show up in the meetings. Then, as soon as I got that email, I had to go get coffee. I mean, it's sit there and slowly implode, or walk off the frustration on a trek down to the coffee bar. There are two things that bug me here. First of all, my employer provides Starbucks coffee for the coffee bar. Nice huh? Yeah. Except there's some idiot in my area that comes in early in the morning and brews Maxwell House. Um, you choose Maxwell House over Starbucks??? Puh-leeze! Secondly, some jackass takes the last of the coffee out of the urn and doesn't start a new brew! How hard is it to dump the grounds, put in a new filter, and open a new bag of pre-measured coffee!?!? Wait. This morning it would have been extra-difficult. I dumped the grounds, put in a new filter, opened the coffee drawer and *da da da* there are no more coffee bags. Well, this is certainly a good excuse not to have brewed more coffee. So, I took one step to the right, opened the cabinet, and pulled out *gasp* a new box off coffee bags. So, not only did I brew a fresh pot, I made it possible for the next person that drains the urn to brew a fresh pot. No, wait, sorry, I'm the only one around here that knows how to do that! Stupid, lazy people really, really bother me. *I will not hurt the stupid, lazy people. I will not hurt the stupid, lazy people. I will not hurt the stupid, lazy people...*

1/23/2006 09:34:00 AM :: ::
16 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink