<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | You Got A Martha? » | I Married Superman » | Thursday Thirteen, XIII » | The 5 Strange Habits of Interstellar Lass » | Times Two » | La maldición de Bandera » | Thursday Thirteen, XII » | Happy New Year » | Interstellar Year In Review » | Interstellar Christmas »

They Found Me

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It was time. Time to find out where my starting point would be. First in line, I slipped off my shoes, climbed on the scale, and watched the 0's track across the display. It seemed like it took ages to calculate. When the scale finally decided it's verdict, I gasped. The number was uglier than I imagined. I stepped down and moved back. My heart sank. Months of hard work and achievement, gone out the window in what seemed like a few short weeks. How the hell does all that weight come back to find me so quickly!? Damn genetics. Damn my Rubenesque build. NO! Instead, damn Twiggy. I want to be healthy. I want to look good in my clothes. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. Today is Day 1. I'm not looking back. That Ugly Number is going to shrink!

1/17/2006 10:15:00 AM :: ::
13 Comments:
  • You can do it! You run marathons for heaven sake, you can lose a few pounds because you are amazing. And regardless, I think your beautiful. I've seen your pics girlie.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 1/17/2006 11:11:00 AM

     


  • If the stinky pounds could come off as easy as on...we would have no issues. It is all Twiggy's fault. I hate her too!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 1/17/2006 11:19:00 AM

     


  • not to make light of your concern for your weight, but im gonna...
    If you can run a marathon the weight that your at, how is possible you dont have the strength to get past a few ugly numbers? You are stronger than you know, and theses numbers? Thats all they are. You can do this!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/17/2006 12:44:00 PM

     


  • I want to join you...but I'm just not strong enough. I bet you are though. I mean I just LOOKED at that beautiful chocolate covered strawberrry chocolate cake and I need some cake now. See, no willpower. But I got your back. Anything that is plaguing you, send to me and I'll eat it! :)

    By Blogger Twist of Kate, at 1/17/2006 01:42:00 PM

     


  • I noticed then I turned 45 1/2 I gained weight. It won't go away.

    By Blogger MarkD60, at 1/17/2006 02:21:00 PM

     


  • I remember meeting someone seven months ago that motivated me to get into a routine of taking better care of myself. I'm now back in clothes I haven't worn in three years -- and they're loose on me. ;)

    By Blogger FTS, at 1/17/2006 03:54:00 PM

     


  • Good for you. It is amazing to me how quickly our bodies change with children, age and well......gravity.;)

    By Blogger Katy, at 1/17/2006 04:29:00 PM

     


  • I hear ya! However, I too am back on board and going great guns to loose, loose, loose! Good luck. I hate twiggy.

    By Blogger Jade, at 1/17/2006 04:33:00 PM

     


  • Now don't get too down on yourself! We all know how tough and perservering you are.

    And not everyone can be Twiggy! It's not natural! I've got small skinny people on my mom's side, but a few biggies on dad's side to keep me on my toes. The main thing is that you're healthy and happy!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 1/17/2006 04:58:00 PM

     


  • Peter Paul Rubens, now there's a man who knew what a woman should look like. There was a time in this country when we used to appreciate a real woman. Then we had Heffner, Twiggy and that stupid Barbie doll. Suddenly that was what women were supposed to look like. Rubens knew that a curvy woman was a sensual woman. He saw the beauty in each curve. He knew women were meant to be soft, supple. Not these skinny things they try to pass off as sexy these days. There is something primal and carnal that drives a man to a woman like this. But sadly they are too concerned about how they will be perceived by their friends and others to act upon this. Doesn't seem very manly.

    By Blogger An Observer, at 1/18/2006 09:44:00 AM

     


  • It is the shape and grace of a woman, not the number. I never think how much a woman weighs when I am checking her out.

    By Blogger Dorman, at 1/18/2006 11:26:00 AM

     


  • I'm right their with you girlfriend! I blame Twiggy too. And Santa Claus for filling my stocking with a bag full of Nestle Caramel Treasures.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 1/18/2006 12:39:00 PM

     


  • I am right there with you too! I started my weight loss program yesterday...so far so good!!!!

    By Blogger txlass, at 1/18/2006 06:46:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink