<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | I Married Superman » | Thursday Thirteen, XIII » | The 5 Strange Habits of Interstellar Lass » | Times Two » | La maldición de Bandera » | Thursday Thirteen, XII » | Happy New Year » | Interstellar Year In Review » | Interstellar Christmas » | Christmas Past »

You Got A Martha?

Monday, January 16, 2006

Well, I do. My friend Steph is a wanna be Martha Stewart. This girl rocks. She offered to host a dinner for Nick and I and our group of friends. I only gave her the OK if she didn't do too much. Yeah, right. Not Steph. I knew I was in trouble when she sent me the menu. There was roasted eggplant and mozzarella and stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. Guests had the choice between glazed pork roast and roast beef. On the side was lemon rice, scalloped potatoes, and broccoli & cauliflower with cheddar cheese. Oh, I musn't forget the tossed salad with ranch dressing. And, for dessert? Chocolate Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Covered Strawberries. The table was gorgeous. She used the flowers I had used in my bouquets, and created gorgeous centerpieces. There was arranged seating, and everyone had a little mini-rose in a mini-vase. After dinner, we played a little game "How Well Do You Know the Groom". My friends were all supposed to guess how many questions of 10 I would get right. The questions were: 1) What is his favorite color? 2) Who is his favorite author? 3) What was the name of his school? 4)What was I wearing on our first date? 5) What was the date of our first kiss? 6) What was his first car? 7) What was the name of his first dog? 8) What is his favorite food I cook? 9) What's his dream vacation? 10) What's his mom's name? ... So, how many do you think I got right? Of course! I got all 10 right! I know my baby! Steph made the evening so much fun. I got to see a couple of friends that I haven't seen in quite a while. The dinner was wonderful, the wine was plentiful, oh, and the chocolate cake? To.Die.For. It wasn't a box cake either. It was homemade. From scratch. I'm blessed to have wonderful friends, and I'm lucky that one of them is a little like Martha.
Photos Courtesy K.W.A.

1/16/2006 09:51:00 AM :: ::
14 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink