<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Superbowl Sunday in El Paso » | We'll be drivin' round El Paso all day long... » | The road to El Paso is lined with dirt » | Back from El Paso » | Road Trip! » | Blahs » | Interstellar Travel Guide » | Doldrums » | She's too young for a crush » | I'm going to run away! »

Happy Valentines Day

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

WARNING: Mush alert! There is a strong possibility this post could be very mushy. If you have a weak stomach or are otherwise inclined to gag at yucky love-type stuff, look away now! Ahem. Can I have everyone's attention, please? Yes, everyone, look over here! This way! Yes, yes, come closer. Thank you. Now that I have your attention, I would like to make an announcement. Now, I know some of you are married to your own wonderful man, or have a significant man in your life that you think is just da bomb. But, I'm going to have to disappoint you all. I truly, truly have the most fantastic husband in the world. Now, before you all get your knickers in a twist and start debating over who has the best guy and why, please refer back to my post on Romance 101 and be sure to note the penultimate paragraph. Nick and I have the kids tonight because of the visitation schedule with their dad. So, we decided that we wouldn't try to do anything special tonight. We're rebels and all, so our Valentine's will be celebrated tomorrow when Elle and Zed spend the night with their dad. As such, I wasn't expecting anything today other than a kiss and a 'Happy Valentines Honey'. Which I got. And then I sat down to check my email. I pulled my laptop from the carrying case, sat down in the recliner, and when I opened it, I found this:
My Valentine
Yes. A handmade Valentine. Everyone all together now...awwwww!. See, so without explaining, you all can see exactly why he's the most fantastic husband ever! Yes, this guy here! The handsome one! The one that makes me laugh and smile and sigh and feel all bubbly and silly and gushy and mushy on the inside. The one that makes me feel safe when he wraps his arms around me. The one on which I can depend. The one that I can trust. The one that will clean bathrooms when my family is coming to visit. The one that lifts me up when I am down. The one that makes me breakfast in bed. My constant friend and faithful partner. My Nick. I love you baby. Happy Valentines Day. {kiss}
Nick

2/14/2006 08:27:00 AM :: ::
19 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink