<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Bein' a Texas gal » | A Funeral and an Impromtu Family Reunion » | Vuelva del El Paso » | Happy Valentines Day » | Superbowl Sunday in El Paso » | We'll be drivin' round El Paso all day long... » | The road to El Paso is lined with dirt » | Back from El Paso » | Road Trip! » | Blahs »

Los Tres Entierros de Melquiades Estrada

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Last Friday night I went with my mom and sister to see a movie. We were thinking about going to see Walk the Line, but when we got to the theater, it was starting later than we wanted to wait for. As we ran down the list of what was showing we realized that all the movies sucked! But wait! The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada was starting at 10:05. What's that one about? My mom and sister asked. I'm not exactly sure. But I know that Tommy Lee Jones directed it and it was shot on his ranch in Texas. I said. Why do they bury this guy three times? my sister asked. I don't know. I answered. Then we all looked at each other. I saw Tommy Lee Jones on Jay Leno talking about it and it sounded interesting. I offered. OK then. they said. So we bought our tickets. By the way, it's Mel-key-ah-des. I'm not going to tell you anything about this movie except that you need to go see it. If you like Tommy Lee Jones at all, you will love this movie. If you want to see Dwight Yoakam in a hilarious role, you'll love this movie. If you remember January Jones from Love Actually you'll love this movie. (It took me half way through the movie to remember where I'd seen her. Whew! What a relief!) If you've never heard of Julio Cedillo, you'll love this movie. If you want to see the raw desert beauty of Texas, you'll love this movie. Can I get any more clear that I really really loved this movie? One of the best I've seen in a long, long time. I highly recommend this movie.

2/23/2006 10:03:00 AM :: ::
14 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink