<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | More Proof » | Why I didn't win the lottery last night » | Am I right or wrong? » | Project Progress » | Why I sat on the couch all afternoon Sunday » | Setting the bar for cheap-o's everywhere » | It was marked down! » | One Moment » | Interstellar Wordcloud » | A Twilight Bark »

Painters cramp

Monday, March 13, 2006

Baseboards removed, wall spackled & sanded, cabinet doors removed, two coats of primer, texturizer mixed in the paint, two coats of paint on the walls, cabinets taped off, and one coat of paint on the cabinets. My legs ache, my back aches and I'm still not done. To make matters worse, we washed the shower curtain, which is the inspiration for the colors in the bathroom. Well, the pattern is now coming off the shower curtain. Now I've got to find another one just like it or similar. Sidenote: Zed is off to camp this week. Fifth grade goes to a 'science camp'. It's his first time away from home for an entire week without a family member. I'm worried. He's only been overnight with church before.

3/13/2006 10:59:00 AM :: ::
8 Comments:
  • Ugh, I hate that feeling that shows up when the kids leave home for camp or some other event!! You know they're having a good time, but still... there's a lot of worrying on our part over events we can't control.

    I bet he comes home loaded with stories, however. ;) He'll have a great time.

    Had to laugh a little at your bathroom post; oh man, do I understand that or what. lol
    More kitchen picts are up if you want to see them!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 3/13/2006 03:43:00 PM

     


  • Maybe you should paint your daughter and rub her on the wall, just to have some fun in the evenings.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 3/13/2006 08:35:00 PM

     


  • He will be fine. Hope to see the paint job when you are done.

    By Anonymous Brittany, at 3/13/2006 11:21:00 PM

     


  • That's the bad part about about do-it-yourself projects .... the body aches. I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end though!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 3/14/2006 08:34:00 AM

     


  • Ugh! I hate painting. Hate it. That's why I do a horrible job. Then Brian gets fed up and finishes for me. :) hee, hee.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 3/14/2006 11:48:00 AM

     


  • You'll be so happy when the bathroom is done and all that hard work is behind you. Sucks about the shower curtain though. Maybe you can find a flat sheet similar to your colors and make it into a shower curtain!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 3/14/2006 03:04:00 PM

     


  • The aches will be well worth it when you are done and you can admire all of your hard work! I hope you can find a replacement shower curtain!

    I am sure Zed is having a great time! Try not to worry (I am the worst worrier when my kids are somewhere else... I should really talk! ha)...

    By Blogger Texas_Ivy10, at 3/14/2006 04:21:00 PM

     


  • Hey, I've got a fifth grader. overnight camp for a week? *shutters*

    Thanks for the reminder that I need to do some painting around here... and to why I'm putting it off.

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 3/15/2006 01:46:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink