<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | More DIY » | Sneak Preview » | Rainy Days and Mondays » | Learn to crochet » | Painters cramp » | More Proof » | Why I didn't win the lottery last night » | Am I right or wrong? » | Project Progress » | Why I sat on the couch all afternoon Sunday »

Playin' Bas-ket-ball

Friday, March 24, 2006

At 4:15 yesterday Nick is frantically IMing me and calling me, trying to track me down. [16:15] supernick: URG!! Where are you? [16:27] interstellarlass: What up [16:27] supernick: Want to go to the Mavs game? [16:27] interstellarlass: when? [16:27] supernick: Tonight? [16:27] interstellarlass: who's going to watch the kids? [16:28] supernick: can we scrounge up a sitter? [16:28] interstellarlass: I don't know [16:28] supernick: what are the odds? [16:28] interstellarlass: let me call my grandparents [16:28] supernick: okay [16:32] interstellarlass: what time does the Mavs game start? [16:32] supernick: 7:30 [16:33] interstellarlass: yes we'll go [16:34] supernick: okay [16:35] supernick: I have the tickets and the parking pass in my hands. [16:35] supernick: We have Platinum parking [16:36] supernick: we're section 218, Row H seats 11 and 12 [16:38] interstellarlass: woo hoo The parking was great, the seats were great, the beer was expensive ($33 for 6 beers including bartender tip!), the turnovers were plentiful...at least from the Mavs. It was my first Mavs game of the season, and Nick's first NBA game period. We had soooo much fun! The Mavs Dancers did a routine to Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation. The Maniaacs were fun to watch too. And this guy Boogey Bob was a hoot! And when the drumline beat those drums, the AAC rocked! Dirk was almost perfect...had 51 points for the night...2 shy of his career record. I think he only missed 1 free throw all night long. But, in the end we lost at the buzzer. So sad. It was a tough game. Never more than 9 points apart no matter who was leading. And to lose on a buzzer shot! I did, however, get surprised with a green Mavs retro t-shirt with Diiiiirk's name on it. Thank you Nick-baby. I love you.

3/24/2006 09:04:00 AM :: ::
8 Comments:
  • Baby, I'm the greatest. ;)

    Good times.

    Now would you plese quit calling Dirk?

    By Blogger An Observer, at 3/24/2006 09:36:00 AM

     


  • fun!

    By Blogger Brittany, at 3/24/2006 10:16:00 AM

     


  • The Kurtis Blow song reference made my day! (Now I'm gonna be singing it in my head all night!)

    By Blogger JustCara, at 3/24/2006 10:36:00 AM

     


  • I've been a fan since Shawn Bradley came to town. Then Mark Cuban. Now I just follow 'cuz I'm a sheep that way.

    Jealous. Just a bit. But happy for you.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 3/24/2006 10:54:00 AM

     


  • Sounds like fun! Don't ya just love those spontaneous fun evenings!! Yea, those beers were a bit expensive. I was getting angry with myself for spending $25 on some food and drinks all night. I don't feel bad anymore!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 3/24/2006 12:48:00 PM

     


  • I don't keep up with the NBA as much as I used to, but I know the Mavs are doing well. Maybe they'll actually do something in the playoffs this year.

    It's baseball season. Go Reds!!

    By Blogger Bone, at 3/24/2006 03:28:00 PM

     


  • Oh god, I love those kind of surprises. Especially the hockey games here. Go Lightning! Your Dirk is awesome! LOL

    By Anonymous Laura, at 3/24/2006 11:38:00 PM

     


  • Sounds like you had a marvelous time. Fun that you could do that so last minute. Maybe one day I can get out last minute!

    By Blogger mommy d, at 3/27/2006 12:42:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink