<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Rainy Days and Mondays » | Learn to crochet » | Painters cramp » | More Proof » | Why I didn't win the lottery last night » | Am I right or wrong? » | Project Progress » | Why I sat on the couch all afternoon Sunday » | Setting the bar for cheap-o's everywhere » | It was marked down! »

Sneak Preview

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I had poker at my house Friday night. Couple of girlfriends, green beer and guacamole. I didn't start off too good, but my friend Judy and I ended up the last two in. We were tired, so we played Indian Poker to declare a final winner. One card on your forehead...
I spent the rest of the weekend on my bathroom. I don't think you can see it real well, but this is the 80's style wall paper that was in my bathroom to start.
Here's the Sneak Preview. The Bathroom. It's almost done now. Walls painted in Frost White, cabinets and trim painted in Beluga Black. Floor tile almost down. I'm a few pieces short, so I have to go pick some more up. Oh, and a new shower curtain too!
Update: Shame on me! I've gotta give some mad props to Nick! He picked up the old tiles off the floor and even had to use dangerous chemicals to get all the glue up. Poor thing almost burned his leg off with acetate, but he did an awesome job! Way to go baby!
Oh, and my lovely shawl is done too. I ended up using some chenille yarn that I already had for the trim. Still. Between the new knitting needles, the yarn and the time and labor, this is one expensive shawl!
I'm now working on crocheting this bag. I've already ripped it out twice. But I think I have the stitch down now. It helps when you start it right!

3/21/2006 09:18:00 AM :: ::
13 Comments:
  • Wow! The bathroom turned out fabulous!!! And the shawl is gorgeous!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 3/21/2006 10:12:00 AM

     


  • What a pretty bathroom. The tiles turn it into a relaxing atmosphere, condusive to the activities of the room :P

    Or, the room will make it easy to poop.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 3/21/2006 10:48:00 AM

     


  • I'm glad you had a good time on poker night!

    The bathroom looks fantastic and your shawl is absolutely gorgeous! Way to go!!

    By Blogger Texas_Ivy10, at 3/21/2006 01:25:00 PM

     


  • Busy, busy, busy...how do you have time for green beer and guac???

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 3/21/2006 01:37:00 PM

     


  • I love the bathroom, love the shawl, yay for green beer!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 3/21/2006 02:02:00 PM

     


  • Is there anything that you don't do??? You give meaning to "Super Mom"

    By Anonymous Crys, at 3/21/2006 02:39:00 PM

     


  • Okay, so I first read how you played poker with green beer and guacamole, then misread how you spent the next day "in" the bathroom. I guess I was just projecting what would've happened to me had I done the poker-with-beer-and-guac thing.

    Your results are much better!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 3/21/2006 05:25:00 PM

     


  • I really like the new look of the bathroom! The black and white works.

    And I love poker.

    By Blogger Bone, at 3/22/2006 10:59:00 AM

     


  • Love the bathroom!! Way cool!

    By Anonymous Froggie, at 3/22/2006 11:16:00 AM

     


  • So sorry I didn't get to make it! Please keep inviting me! We have visitation with Kerstin every third weekend and this was one of them...
    I love the bathroom!
    - Jenny B

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/22/2006 04:39:00 PM

     


  • Indian poker is the best. And so is your bathroom :)

    By Blogger poopie, at 3/22/2006 09:06:00 PM

     


  • You know, if you lick the back of that card it'll stick. :)

    Now, ask me (and my kids) how I know that.

    By Blogger DeeJay, at 3/23/2006 07:07:00 AM

     


  • The bathroom is cool. The shawl is awesome! Poker night sounds like a lot of fun, too! Good going on it all.

    By Anonymous Angie, at 3/23/2006 01:01:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink