<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | I'll need to transfer you... » | Playin' Bas-ket-ball » | More DIY » | Sneak Preview » | Rainy Days and Mondays » | Learn to crochet » | Painters cramp » | More Proof » | Why I didn't win the lottery last night » | Am I right or wrong? »

Viva La Raza

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

You've got to be kidding me. Watching the news last night, Nick and I stared, dumbfounded, at a mockery of a protest. Dallas ISD students were "protesting" the a Texas House and Senate resolution promoting support of an immigration bill under consideration in the US House and Senate. For two days now, Hispanic students in the DISD have walked out of school. They've marched on City Hall. Students walked from their schools and were hanging out of cars. Brilliant. An SUV full of teens joyriding driving in a vehicle to the protest were in an accident and a girl's hand was severed. The march itself isn't what I'm calling a mockery. It's their actions while there. News cameras showed them hoopin' and hollerin', running up and down the stairs in City Hall and wading and splashing in the fountain in front of City Hall. What started as a protest turned into a free-for-all day to skip school and play to the cameras. We are not criminals. I beg to differ. If you come to the United States illegally, you broke our law. If you came to the United States on a visa and then stayed past when you were allowed, you broke our law. If you bring your family with you and grandma doesn't have a visa, but you do, grandma broke our law. If you work without the proper documentation to work in this country, you broke our law. Breaking a law makes you a criminal. You, young lady, might not be a criminal, but those in this country illegally, working illegally, and using services they're not paying for, are criminals. If the Italians wanted to come, you'd welcome them with open arms. Actually, if millions of Italians were to come to the US illegally, I think I'd feel the same way. First of all, use an intelligent arguement. Second of all, I don't think you could present me with an arguement that could convince me that allowing anyone and everyone into my country with no thought to whether or not they should be there is a good thing. More than 11 million illegals (not just Hispanics mind you) being educated by my tax dollars, receiving medical treatment paid for with my tax dollars, living off my tax dollars...yeah, I'm good with that. Not. There is a legal method of entry into the US. Use it. If you get in, great. If you don't and you come anyway, I'm going to send you back home and I'm not going to let you come back.

3/29/2006 08:46:00 AM :: ::
12 Comments:
  • The argument that I am most tired of hearing, and that holds the least amount of water, is that these wetbacks are just like the European immigrants that came to America in the early nineteen hundreds. But they aren't, there are major differences. They wanted to be Americans and they wanted opportunity. They wanted a chance at a better life and worked for it. The wets that swim over don't want to be Americans, they just want the handouts. The free medical care, schooling and cheese.

    So while you and I are getting up early, busting our blue and white collared asses, they're sitting at home watching Novellas on Telemundo or watching tia's NiƱo while she goes to pick up her welfare check.

    If the government won't build a wall, how about Piranha in the Rio Grande?

    By Blogger An Observer, at 3/29/2006 12:59:00 PM

     


  • EXACTLY! THANK YOU!!!

    By Blogger For The Love of Sports, at 3/29/2006 01:15:00 PM

     


  • Exactly. I have no problem with immigrants who come into this country legally, and then work once here and put there money into the tax dollar pool. But I have a huge problems with people who come here illegally, don't pay taxes, and still reap all of the benefits of being American.

    Also, if you are going to protest in the USA, against USA laws, then don't say "Viva la Mexico!" You want to say "Viva la Mexico," then go back to Mexico.

    By Blogger Brittany, at 3/29/2006 01:53:00 PM

     


  • Well said.

    Living in Arizona, we've had student protesters for the past two days also. So far they have stayed out of trouble. At least from what they show on the news anyway.

    It is bad enough that some of my relatives live off my tax dollars, I don't care to support others.

    By Blogger used*to*be*me*, at 3/29/2006 02:31:00 PM

     


  • The thing that gets me as a small business owner is that I can't afford $1000/mo premium for health insurance. So we have a few discounts plans here and there and pay for everything else out of pocket. And they get to go to the doctor for the hiccups and I get to pay for it. And their kids' lunches, and school supplies, and their parent's food so they can spend the meager stipend on beer and cigs and rims for their car.

    Yes, I've lived in Dallas, and yes, those working out "in the hot" deserve their pay, but they also deserve the right to contribute to the country that gave them that chance. It is bad manners to show up to a potluck with an empty plate.

    If they want to come and work, fine. Let them do the paperwork, or get the employer's to do it. But pay your own way.

    Nobody paid mine.4 yrs collecting eggs on a farm (25K chickens, 4hrs a day...you want gross, check out that job)and fast-food throught high-school, 4 yrs in fast-food during college,with a side job in college vending/concessions, another 5 getting the experience on the lower rungs,to do what I do.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 3/29/2006 03:08:00 PM

     


  • our government is actually deporting a large number of illegals from portugal, some have been here almost ten years, refugee claims denied and back they go. they came here to visit, liked it and decided to stay, guess they never thought they would be deported. but they are and it's making the news. i think they should go back, i feel for them because they have built new lives here, but they should have entered legally, none of this would ever have happened.

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 3/29/2006 08:51:00 PM

     


  • I agree with your comments, particularly with the "We're not criminals" commentary. No, not all of them are. But there are many who are and they need to know that if you break the rules, there are consequences to pay. That is part of life.

    By Blogger Elizabeth Wickland, at 3/29/2006 09:18:00 PM

     


  • They need to take a lesson from the French if they want to learn to protest. Yep, I agree, it was just a free day off of school. Now get back to work!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 3/30/2006 05:39:00 AM

     


  • Nodding, nodding. To see that all up-close and personal in Texas must be something. It's different in NY. No one's trying to sneak in from Canada to mooch off our tax dollars!

    By Blogger Marie, at 3/30/2006 10:34:00 AM

     


  • I so agree. Whether they are legal or not, they have so many dang kids that they qualify for welfare. I have never been behind a Mexican woman in the grocery store who didn't pay with a food stamp card. Sure, maybe I would have liked to have had more children, but I felt it was not the responsible thing to do if I couldn't feed them.

    By Blogger annie, at 3/30/2006 01:12:00 PM

     


  • We had student protestors here in Houston. My teen got pictures of them from her school....

    I'm with you 110% on this one!

    By Blogger Texas_Ivy10, at 3/30/2006 01:48:00 PM

     


  • I'm afraid I must disagree. But that's ok. But I would like you to read this article:

    http://www.suntimes.com/output/greeley/cst-edt-greel31.html

    There has been much debate up here, because Nebraska gets a very high number of both illegal and legal immigrants from Mexico. What I found interesting is, while most people think illegals are just laying around and doing nothing, it turns out most are working at really crap jobs for next to no money, but are still paying taxes on that income. Of course some aren't, but there are thousands, if not millions, of American citizens who aren't paying taxes either. Personally, I can't see denying medical aid to anyone. Maybe they are driving up medical prices, but what is more important? Money or a human life?

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 3/31/2006 09:23:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink