<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | I love Sue » | Ouch, That Smarts » | Viva La Raza » | I'll need to transfer you... » | Playin' Bas-ket-ball » | More DIY » | Sneak Preview » | Rainy Days and Mondays » | Learn to crochet » | Painters cramp »

Party like it's 1999?

Monday, April 03, 2006

Nick would have been 29. I would have been 24. Perhaps we would have been able to handle our booze a bit better. I was up at 6:30 am Saturday. Nick at least got to sleep in a bit. Elle had an 8 am soccer game. By 9:25 the game was over and Elle and Zed were dropped at their dad's. I picked up Nick and we enjoyed a not-so-quiet breakfast at IHOP. We toodled around here and there. Walked around the Galleria for a bit. Bought Nick a new pair of tennis shoes. By around 4:30 pm we were hungry. "Let's give that new burger joint a try." Nick suggested. OK. We arrived at 4:45 pm. The burgers were good. The fried jalepeno slices were good. The beer was cold. We watched the first NCAA Final Four game. Poor George Mason. We were rootin' for ya. Then we decided to stick around and watch the second game. Bah. UCLA won. And we kept at it. We called it quits after seven hours. 10:30 am came waaay too early. Especially with the time change. Our noon lunch date with one of Nick's writing group pals and his wife was our 'hair of the dog' recovery. Two cosmos and a po'boy later and I felt much better. Man, we just can't party like we used to...

4/03/2006 09:22:00 AM :: ::
8 Comments:
  • Welcome to my world. If you look in the dictionary next to boring, you'll see my name. B-O-R-I-N-G. LOL

    By Blogger FTS, at 4/03/2006 10:01:00 AM

     


  • Ain't it a shame?? Hangovers get worse and worse as we get older it seems. But, I'm not giving up!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 4/03/2006 12:22:00 PM

     


  • Ugh, I feel your pain. I'm almost thirty and I can't quite remember how I did it when I was in my early 20's. :(

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 4/03/2006 12:44:00 PM

     


  • so there will come a day when i can't stay out till 4am, wake up at 7am, go to work at 8am, and stay till 4pm, then finish homework, then go to class. damn.

    By Blogger Brittany, at 4/03/2006 06:04:00 PM

     


  • I'm only 28 and already I know I can't do the late nights/coherant days anymore.

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 4/03/2006 06:09:00 PM

     


  • ...and then my sponsor took my coin back. Dangit!

    Imagine all the fun/trouble we could have had if we met in our twenties.

    By Blogger An Observer, at 4/04/2006 08:54:00 AM

     


  • I haven't been able to do the late-night-out thing for a couple of years now and I'm barely into my 30s. But I could sure go for a po-boy right now, thanks to that post.

    Michele says hi!

    By Blogger JV, at 4/04/2006 10:02:00 AM

     


  • Looking back, it's amazing what I could do on a few hours sleep after a rip roarin' time. Now, just one of those things is enough to set me back!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 4/04/2006 01:56:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink