<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Take me out to the Ballgame » | Why we need a wall » | Recommended Reading » | Mavs Photos » | Mavs Season Finale » | Leavin' Las Vegas » | Vegas, Day 2 » | Vegas Vacation Day 1 » | Vegas Baby, Vegas! » | I Owe What?!?!?!? »

You're Weird

Friday, April 28, 2006

Elle's favorite phrase. If Nick or I or her brother do something she doesn't understand or appreciate, she's likely to counter with "You're Weird". Except she can't say Weird just right...she kind of slurs her 'r' so it sounds more like "Weid". I've always known I was a bit off. I try to enjoy things, and you'll often find me not acting my age, but something closer to my shoe-size. I can behave very well at social events, carry on polite, adult conversation, and fake-laugh along with the best of them. But I'd rather not. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy dressing to the nines and taking Nick's breath away with my sassiness, but the older I get, the less I like hanging out with boring, stuffy, dull, dry and otherwise vacuous individuals. I've seen the Six Weird Things About You meme around. But I don't think I'm really weird, just slightly immature and irreverent. Six examples of this are: 1) Last Sunday at my niece's 3rd birthday party, my mom and I, and then my sister and I, raced in the bouncy-houses. I won both races, making me Queen of the Bouncy House. I even have an injury to show for it...an elbow scrape. 2) I'm likely to laugh so hard I snort and squeak. If something tickles my funny-bone I'll follow it all the way, even if everyone else stopped laughing. 3) In the confines of my home, I will burp (and the other too) to the horror of Nick and to the delight of my kids. Good one mom! Elle will exclaim. I have passed the talent on to her, and I've been shocked to hear some vibrato come out of my little girl. 4) I will race my kids to the car (not through the parking lot...like at the soccer fields) while other parents yell at their kids to slow down. 5) I'll let Nick sleep in on the weekend and then after I've had a couple of cups of coffee, I'll bounce him out of bed. Sometimes he thinks this is funny, but not always. 6) I'll dance crazy around the living room with my kids, make funny faces and sing really loud even though I can't carry a tune in a wet paper bag. Nope, I'm not gettin' old...

4/28/2006 10:36:00 AM :: ::
16 Comments:
  • You don't seem weird to me, from that list! And the older you get the more you value time with valuable people; I have less tolerance for dull than I used to!

    Here from Michele, hello!

    By Blogger Leslie Shelor, at 4/28/2006 11:19:00 AM

     


  • You aint weird girl, you're FUN!!
    I race my hub to the mailbox all the time...how weird is that. lol

    I was supposed to do this meme, I'd better get on it.
    (or not.) LOL!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 4/28/2006 12:11:00 PM

     


  • We're so like that too! So much so that for my sisters 24th birthday which is looming I'm buying her a Candy Floss (Cotton Candy) maker because she loves the stuff!

    By Anonymous Claire, at 4/28/2006 01:24:00 PM

     


  • If you're weird, I want to join the weird club! Except, what's a bouncy house?

    I race with the kids too, even put money on it sometimes! Such a bad influence.

    "hanging out with boring, stuffy, dull, dry and otherwise vacuous individuals..." That reminds me, my father-in-law is coming to visit next week. *YAWN*

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 4/28/2006 02:08:00 PM

     


  • I do so love a woman who burps and farts.

    By Blogger poopie, at 4/28/2006 05:50:00 PM

     


  • Sounds like you are a good mommy who enjoys her kids. I can't wait to get to that point! When does that happen?

    By Blogger mommy d, at 4/28/2006 10:56:00 PM

     


  • # 3 was a hoot.
    I still go up to my daughters and say, "hey, pull my finger."
    The still say, "Dad, that's gross." But they pull it anyway.
    Great list, Lass.

    ~Michael

    By Anonymous Michael, at 4/29/2006 06:44:00 AM

     


  • Keep on bouncing.

    An ex-girlfriend of mine once had a go on a bouncy castle they had at our leavers Disco at College. Only after did she remember that she didn't have any underwear on.

    By Blogger culfy, at 4/29/2006 06:53:00 AM

     


  • OK... I am so taking part in this meme... but I need my daughter to tell me how weird I am... because I... after all.. think I am completely normal....

    By Anonymous Carol-anne, at 4/29/2006 09:26:00 AM

     


  • Here's to the Queen of the Boucy House!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 4/29/2006 11:05:00 AM

     


  • I THOUGHT that's what a bouncy house was, but it never dawned on me to have a race in one. Look out for next time!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 4/29/2006 02:50:00 PM

     


  • i'm not really sure what a bouncy house is, but it sounds to me like you're not getting older, you're starting to live!

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 4/30/2006 01:44:00 PM

     


  • everyone else is being so nice, so I'll be the one to tell you the painful truth:

    You is WEIRD, Lady!!!

    By Blogger Coyote Mike, at 5/01/2006 09:17:00 AM

     


  • Ugh, I hate boring people too. I would rather hang out with goofy people than so called sophisticated people.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 5/01/2006 11:24:00 AM

     


  • Being crazy is what keeps up young and it helps restore balance in the world! There's too many miserable people who don't remember how to laugh!

    I wish when I were younger that my mum was crazy!

    By Blogger serendipity, at 5/02/2006 08:35:00 AM

     


  • You're weird and weid so I like ya.
    Lois Lane
    P.S. Did I show up on your Flickr?

    By Blogger No_Newz, at 5/02/2006 09:26:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink