<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | You know it's time to go home when... » | Service Markup » | Ooops, I did it again... » | You're Weird » | Take me out to the Ballgame » | Why we need a wall » | Recommended Reading » | Mavs Photos » | Mavs Season Finale » | Leavin' Las Vegas »

Not just any gift

Friday, May 05, 2006

Gift registries are nice and all, and of course, first-time mothers certainly need a lot of things, but I'm bored with onsies and blankets and whatnot. So, when I got my invitation to a shower for one of my girlfriends, I knew that I wasn't going to be visiting one of her registries. I hunted online for the pattern. There are lots of sites that feature free patterns, most including pictures. One of the sites, knitty.com has a lot of patterns that I've never tried before. Some are a little outlandish, others not what I was looking for at the time. Until last week. After searching for some time, I ventured back to Knitty. And I found it. Anouk. I booked it tout de suite to my local yarn store, pattern in hand, and picked my materials. They didn't have the yarn for which the pattern called, but King Tut cotton would substitute nicely. I've had to go in twice for a little assistance, and I had to look up the three-needle bind-off as that's a new technique for me. I'm currently working on the pockets. I tried the Intarsia method on the patterns, but I couldn't get it. So, I'm going to duplicate stitch it this time. And, I've got enough yarn left in the pocket colors that I'm going to make a hat and some baby Mary Janes. Pictures will be posted! Now, if I don't run out of time...shower is at 3 pm tomorrow!

5/05/2006 12:37:00 PM :: ::
6 Comments:
  • I'm all for personal, original gifts! That will really be special for the mom-to-be!

    Okay, I'm waiting for pics!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 5/05/2006 01:42:00 PM

     


  • That sounds like an awesome gift. That would be way more fun to receive than onesies. Nice job!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 5/05/2006 04:55:00 PM

     


  • When both of my girls were born, I kept every gift that my hub's grandmother and his aunts made for them.
    All the crocheted little baby caps and knitted sweaters and socks, I cleaned and saved for them. Someday (if it's in good condition!) they'll have little heirloom pieces to give to their own kids.

    So really, I think the gift you're making right now is the best kind there is! Can't wait to see the picts!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 5/05/2006 09:13:00 PM

     


  • That sounds a great gift!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 5/06/2006 05:01:00 AM

     


  • Oh, that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Your friend is very lucky to have you!

    By Blogger Suburban Turmoil, at 5/06/2006 05:54:00 PM

     


  • That is a really nice idea. It's really personal!

    By Blogger serendipity, at 5/08/2006 09:25:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink