<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Happy Mother's Day! » | My Own DJ » | Green with Envy » | Ta Daaaa! » | Not just any gift » | You know it's time to go home when... » | Service Markup » | Ooops, I did it again... » | You're Weird » | Take me out to the Ballgame »

Pinch of the Personal Trainer

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Well, at least I don't need help lifting my wallet anymore. Yesterday I went and joined a gym again. I need to balance my outdoor running cardio with weightlifting and get a boost at getting in shape. Well, a different shape then I'm in now anyway. The company I work for has a number of discounts at different gyms, and I selected one close to my house. The trainer I met with was about 5 inches shorter than me, looked like he might have been on 'roids, had shaved everything, and smelled like baby lotion. (I love the smell of babies and all, but baby lotion just gets to me for some reason. Baby powder and all the other sweet smells are one thing, but ewww! that pink stuff is gross.) Anyway. The monthly dues are low, but damn. I'm in the wrong business. I need to be a private personal trainer. Sessions run between $52 (discounted) up to $75 an hour at the gym. Can you imagine what some people pay for trainers to come to them? Then comes the personal cookbook and training regimen, and then the big bucks come flowing in... I've got to call my assigned trainer, LaShonda, back today and make an appointment with her. I'm sure there will be weighing and measuring and whatnot going on. I'll probably tear up a bit. Then, in 9 weeks, after 2 sessions per week with the trainer, there will be more weighing, measuring and whatnot going on. And hopefully by then I'll be smiling.

5/16/2006 12:57:00 PM :: ::
12 Comments:
  • I've been looking at gyms here, and haven't decided whether or not to sign up yet. I want to get involved in weight lifting again... not to bulk up, just to keep toned.
    Sure wish we lived near each other so we could motivate each other to go!
    Wasn't surprised to read what the trainers are charging, but...you're right about the money. chaCHING!
    good luck with the workouts!

    By Anonymous Laura, at 5/16/2006 01:49:00 PM

     


  • Uggh, I need to get my butt in gear -- I was doing pretty well with the elliptical thingy for a while, until I started all these projects. hmm...

    By Blogger Uisce, at 5/16/2006 01:56:00 PM

     


  • $75 and hour?! And they don't even have plumber butt!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 5/16/2006 02:01:00 PM

     


  • I always refused to go to a personal trainer. I didn't want to get some little pixie that I could be really mean to and have to pay tons of money for the satisfaction of doing that.

    Most of the personal trainers at my gym were out of shape anyway. Why would I take instruction from them??

    Good luck!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 5/16/2006 03:07:00 PM

     


  • Hi Lass!

    Good luck with the training. I think men who shave themselves all over are kinda weird. Call me old fashioned, but men should be a little hairy.

    By Blogger NittanyBri, at 5/16/2006 03:18:00 PM

     


  • I feel your pain... the money and the need to work out... both sucky!!

    By Blogger Kristin, at 5/16/2006 05:17:00 PM

     


  • Good luck with that. I need a personal trainer just to give me the kick in the ass I need to get up and MOVE!

    By Blogger used*to*be*me*, at 5/16/2006 05:33:00 PM

     


  • I hope you're smiling when it's all over. For $75 an hour, you should be.

    Love your descrip of the trainer... short, roids, baby oil. ROFL

    By Blogger Bone, at 5/16/2006 11:12:00 PM

     


  • I'm just glad your trainers not some young, hot looking guy in fantastic shape. Otherwise I might be forced to put my book down, get out of the chair and do a push up or two. Pheww...

    By Blogger An Observer, at 5/17/2006 08:59:00 AM

     


  • Good luck, Lass! Baby Lotion on a pumped up man = gross!

    I'm taking a water aerobics class at the local Y, and when I see all the equipment around the place I remember back to when I was really fit (before I was married... LOL!). Someday...

    By Blogger Marie, at 5/17/2006 09:25:00 AM

     


  • Good luck!! I know in nine weeks you're going to look fab. I know that if anyone can do it, it's you miss marathon runner.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 5/17/2006 12:50:00 PM

     


  • How is the training going? I've met with trainers in the past, at my gym you get a few free sessions a year, and it's always great to get a new workout program IMO. Let me know what kind of suggestions the trainer makes, I'm still trying to figure out a good balance of running/weight training.

    By Blogger Indigo, at 5/24/2006 09:21:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink