<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Not just any gift » | You know it's time to go home when... » | Service Markup » | Ooops, I did it again... » | You're Weird » | Take me out to the Ballgame » | Why we need a wall » | Recommended Reading » | Mavs Photos » | Mavs Season Finale »

Ta Daaaa!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Well here it is! I must say that I'm quite proud of the finished product. Toot, Toot. (That was me tooting my own horn.) There were lessons learned, of course, but it was ogled and there were ooohs and aaaahs from the other shower attendees. One of the grandmas actually wants a matching tunic. And another girl wants me to make her something. Perhaps a profit making industry is in the works...
While I was at the shower, Nick took Elle (Zed was at church camp) to our local comic book store because it was Free Comic Book Day. Who knew there was such a thing? Well, Nick did evidently. It appears I inadvertently married a comic book geek. They actually hit two stores. Elle got a couple of comics, and Nick picked up several more for Zed. Seems there are more boy-oriented comics than girl-oriented comics. Go figure. Nick actually came back home for the camera because he Elle wanted pictures with the Star Wars characters on site. Yeah. These weren't "my mom sewed this for me" costumes. Evidently there are kits...that cost up to $1200! Geeks of the world unite!
And, lastly, is anyone else watching Big Love? I'm absolutely in LOVE with this show. I think it's one of the best shows HBO has put out in awhile, and I love all the characters. Except Nikki. And I hate her. But I'm supposed to, so it's OK. Last night's episode was fantastic! Let me know if you're watching this. There's only 3 more episodes left in this season. If you haven't watched it, catch up on the shows if you have OnDemand. LOVE BIG LOVE!

5/08/2006 09:07:00 AM :: ::
15 Comments:
  • I love them!

    And, the SW character's are great, too. My kids always wonder why their costumes look so cheesy compared to the movies. They want a bigger budget, apparently...

    By Blogger Silly Old Bear, at 5/08/2006 11:05:00 AM

     


  • Cute!! I love it!

    I don't watch HBO. Maybe I'll start when it comes out on DVD.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 5/08/2006 11:22:00 AM

     


  • Look how talented you are!! VERY nice! You know, you could set up shop on eBay...

    I love that you're married to a comic book geek. Geeks rule! But you already know that.

    By Blogger Marie, at 5/08/2006 12:15:00 PM

     


  • I LOVE Big Love! I love Nikki. I think Chloe Sevigny is perfect. I am so psyched they're going to have a second season. I am also a big fan of the Television Without Pity Big Love recaps and message boards.

    And Please tell Nick that shirt cracks me the hell up.

    By Blogger JustCara, at 5/08/2006 12:26:00 PM

     


  • I'm not a comic book nerd, I have other interest as well and have actually kissed a girl or two.

    I happen to enjoy stories of good vs. evil. I realize these stories are just fantasy, because sadly in the real world there is no justice and evil doesn't get punished.

    "You can't do this. It ain't legal"
    "I'm not concerned with what's legal, I'm concerned with justice."

    -from an old Batman comic-

    Lass, also forgot to mention how excited she was when she saw the life size R2-D2 robot for sale.

    http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

    By Blogger An Observer, at 5/08/2006 01:34:00 PM

     


  • That's adorable!!!

    By Blogger Indigo, at 5/08/2006 01:34:00 PM

     


  • That anouk(?) turned out beautiful! Almost makes me want to have another baby just so I can get you to make one for it!! No I don't! Yes I do? NO, I DON'T!. I'd probably just have another boy anyway.

    Big Love? What is this Big Love? I'm so out of the loop!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 5/08/2006 01:40:00 PM

     


  • zuGreat characters there!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 5/08/2006 02:56:00 PM

     


  • Very cute! Oh and the jumper is adorable! ;)

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 5/08/2006 08:43:00 PM

     


  • I've been meaning to drop by your blog for a while. Glad I dropped by at the geek blog.
    I am married to the world's biggest geek who took me once to a ....
    Star Trek convention...
    No we didn't dress up as Klingons but hubbs has a Tricorder...
    What can I say? His comic book collection is worth the same as the house!
    And yes... I have heard great things about Big Love but have yet to watch it!

    By Blogger Tori, at 5/08/2006 08:59:00 PM

     


  • Argh. I don't have HBO. But now all I'm hearing about is Big Love. Confound it!

    I am loving the jumper. I can't think about it too much, or I will covet it. :)

    By Blogger Suburban Turmoil, at 5/08/2006 10:53:00 PM

     


  • Gorgeous dress. My husband's cousin knitted Rachel a dress last year and it is her absolute favorite dress.

    By Blogger Raehan, at 5/08/2006 11:33:00 PM

     


  • I LOVE BIG LOVE TOO! Great minds, or sisters, seem to really think a like. I hate Nikki too, but I think she just insecure.

    By Blogger Brittany, at 5/08/2006 11:45:00 PM

     


  • I have the Millennium Falcon on my desk. Any questions?

    Having a birthday party at my place today. Your invited!!!

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 5/09/2006 11:31:00 AM

     


  • Comic book geeks of the world unite!

    By Blogger ciodude, at 5/10/2006 08:33:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink