<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Out in the West Texas town of El Paso... » | I swear I'm not a bad mom! » | Gimme an "H" » | Baghdad ER » | I'll take 5th place » | Graduation Night » | Graduation Day » | Pinch of the Personal Trainer » | Happy Mother's Day! » | My Own DJ »

It's gonna be a Superman Party!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

My baby boy, Zed, will be 11 on Saturday. On Sunday, we'll be gathering with my family to celebrate. While the kids were at their dad's last night, Nick and I went shopping for his presents. Nick's initial idea was to get him a set of Superman sheets and comforter, but then decided that he really wanted to get him the Superman cartoon series. I was starting to wonder who these gifts were really for...Nick was bummed that the Superman sheets only came in twin sizes...he wanted a set for our room. Uh, no. I said. That's the end of it. No discussion. My sweet ass will not be sleeping on Superman sheets.
So, since my littlest sister works at Target, we decided to let her get the sheets (with her discount) and she and my other sister could go in on the gift together. They both liked the idea, so we got the movies that Nick wanted, for Zed of course. But, Target didn't have any of the Superman party supplies, so we toodled over to Party City. Suddenly, Nick was in 7th heaven. They had all kinds of Superman stuff. We got a "Pin the S on Superman" game, a Superman pinata, Superman plates, cups, napkins, a Superman table cloth, and we'll go back for a Superman balloon and the Superman cake pan. My mom can decorate cakes really well, and she has the time to make the cake, so I'm jazzed about that. One less thing for me to do! I'm glad Nick is excited about Zed's party and is participating in the planning. While Elle bonded to him immediately (she's never met someone that's not a friend), Zed is a bit more wary of people and takes awhile to warm to them. With a new man in the house, it's been tough at times. But, they've been able to bond over Superman. Nick has a collection of comics and memorabilia, and some of the items he's been sharing with Zed. It's built some trust between the two of them, which just makes my heart squish. I love my Superboys.

6/01/2006 09:43:00 AM :: ::
15 Comments:
  • I can't wait for the superman party! I will check today at work. Much love, Brit

    By Blogger Brittany, at 6/01/2006 11:43:00 AM

     


  • It's nice when your heart squishes in a good way! ;-) I bet it will be a SUPER party!

    By Blogger Marie, at 6/01/2006 01:48:00 PM

     


  • It's great that the two of them have something to bond with. I think my first real celebrity crush was Christopher Reeve in the first Superman movie - remember on Lois's balcony? Melt!

    Party party!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 6/01/2006 01:59:00 PM

     


  • That is so sweet. I love the party supply store too. I can spend HOURS in there.

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 6/01/2006 02:47:00 PM

     


  • Sounds like it's going to be so much fun, I bet you can't wait!

    It's also great that Nick and Zed are bonding, that's important and probably helping you feel more settled!

    By Anonymous Claire, at 6/01/2006 03:02:00 PM

     


  • "Note to self: Get Superman sheets pronto!"

    Sounds like a fun party for both of the men in your life. I guess some things just take some time!

    Can your sister get me a discount on a nice hammock???

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 6/01/2006 03:25:00 PM

     


  • I'm thinking Superman sheets might ruin the mood. At least for one of you.

    I'm more of a Batman guy myself.

    By Blogger Bone, at 6/01/2006 03:51:00 PM

     


  • Aww...I think sleeping with Superman would be hot!

    By Blogger poopie, at 6/01/2006 07:31:00 PM

     


  • my son's favorite was always spiderman, i think i still have his comforter somewhere.
    hope your sons party goes well!

    By Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry, at 6/01/2006 07:49:00 PM

     


  • Ahhh.... That is awesome. I'm soo happy that they are able to find something to bond over. Looks like it is the start of a wonderful friendship.

    Hehe... I didn't know so much superman stuff even existed!

    By Blogger Froggie, at 6/02/2006 10:12:00 AM

     


  • He does bear a striking resemblance to Superman... LOL
    I think you'd better get Nick a Superman pillow case, at least! awww, come on. LOL ;)
    on a more serious note, it's GREAT to read how he and Zed are getting along. Y'all are very lucky indeed. ;)

    By Anonymous Laura, at 6/02/2006 01:55:00 PM

     


  • That is so neat. Your new hubby is great.
    It is hard for kids with someone new in the house, especially when they are anywhere past, say, 4 or 5. It just takes a little common interest and attention, though, and they bond.

    By Blogger annie, at 6/03/2006 09:02:00 PM

     


  • Happy birthday Zed! Hope the day was a smashing success!

    By Blogger Suburban Turmoil, at 6/04/2006 06:06:00 PM

     


  • It all sounds SUPER fun.

    By Blogger Raehan, at 6/04/2006 09:07:00 PM

     


  • I'm glad Zed and Nick have a common ground. Could be a great way to bond!

    By Blogger R. Robyn, at 6/05/2006 05:01:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink