<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | The Hills » | Best Trip Ever! » | Happy Birthday to my Superman » | Chicken Dancers » | Workout Divas » | I have great ovaries! » | *sigh* » | He's at it again » | Best Laid Plans... » | Fair's Fair »

Trivia & Other Funny Stuff

Friday, June 30, 2006

Trivia: I was tagged by Keb for this meme. So here goes. Now you have no excuses for not throwing me a fabulous party for my birthday this year. Instructions: 1. Go to Wikipedia. 2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year). 3. List three events that happened on your birthday. 4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death. 5. One holiday or observance (if any). 1786 - Peter Leopold Joseph of Habsburg-Lorraine, Grand Duke of Tuscany, promulgates a penal reform making his country the first state to abolish the death penalty. November 30 is therefore commemorated by 300 cities around the world as Cities for Life Day. 1872 - The first-ever international football match takes place at Hamilton Crescent, Glasgow, between Scotland and England. 1954 - In Sylacauga, Alabama, United States, an 8.5 lb (3.4 kg) sulfide meteorite crashes through a roof and hits Mrs. Elizabeth Hodges in her living room after bouncing off her radio, giving her a bad bruise, in the only unequivocally known case of a human being hit by a space rock. Births: 1667 - Jonathan Swift, Irish writer and satirist (d.1745) 1930 - G. Gordon Liddy, Watergate operative Death: 1900 - Oscar Wilde, Irish writer (b. 1854) Observance: Official End of the Hurricane Season Other Funny Stuff: I think I've speculated before as to Blondie's (the Ex's fiancée) age. I had originally guessed 23-25. Evidently, I gave her and him too much credit. You ready for this? The darling is 21. And just turned 21 in May. How do I know this? Let's just say I know people who know people who know how to find stuff out. The Ex is 33. He'll be 34 in September. I had to laugh. I knew his emotional maturity level was low, but I didn't realize how low. I think I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him and his inability to act like a grown-up. Nick overheard this conversation this morning while taking the kids to day-camp. Zed: Blondie quit her job at dad's work because they wouldn't let her go to school to take her test. Elle: Nuh uh Zed. She was fired because she couldn't remember people's drink orders. I nearly peed myself when he called me. Now I don't know what's true, but, Zed will believe anything he's told (including that Blondie is 31 like she told him). Elle on the other hand is like a wiretap in a room. You think she's not listening, but she picks up everything. And she remembers everything. I don't need a day planner. I have Elle.

6/30/2006 10:16:00 AM :: ::
7 Comments:
  • Seriously, I just spit my coke all over the table when I read Elle's comment. LMAO!!!!

    My brother in law got divorced and later hooked up with a 21 yr old. He was in his early 30's at the time. We liked her a lot, but HE had a lot of growing up to do. It's been interesting to watch the two of them grow up together. Been about 8 years now, and they're real good together. She's nothing like your ex's blonde ditz, however.

    Elle reminds me of my youngest daughter. She can hear something clear across the house and will come walking into the room with a reply to something we THOUGHT we were whispering about. dammit. lol

    By Anonymous Laura, at 6/30/2006 01:25:00 PM

     


  • It's really a sad state of affairs but it happens ALL the time! And I am going with Elle on this one, she sounds like a great source!

    By Blogger Twist of Kate, at 6/30/2006 02:01:00 PM

     


  • What kills me is if a woman hooked up with a man that much younger, then no one would stop talking about it! But really, let's face it, most of us don't do that because it's too damn much like babysitting to be attractive.

    By Blogger KaraMia, at 6/30/2006 02:55:00 PM

     


  • I like the births and deaths list of a person's birthday.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 7/01/2006 09:55:00 AM

     


  • Good events...I tagged myself at Bloggin' Outloud: http://blogginoutloud.blogspot.com/2006/07/4th-of-july-tag-party.html
    Thanks, lgp

    By Blogger Lyn, at 7/01/2006 06:58:00 PM

     


  • Man, I need an Elle... maybe when Eva is older...

    My boys are oblivious!

    By Blogger Kristin, at 7/02/2006 06:53:00 PM

     


  • At least she can vote...now. PAHHHH!


    As someone who is nearly 9 yrs. my husband's junior,(I was 30 when we got married), those relationships aren't all bad.

    Yes, I was in the 3rd grade when he graduated, but I've always been an old spirit.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 7/03/2006 02:03:00 PM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink