<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | And I swam! » | The Lost Suit » | I Feel Whiney » | Room Makeover » | Ever Dance Naked in the Pale Moonlight? » | Have You Been Drinking Tonight? » | The Verdict Is In » | Civic Duty » | Did you know? » | On a Rant »

Design Dilemma

Friday, July 21, 2006

Nick and I had a 20% off coupon to Bed, Bath & Beyond, and we needed a new laundry hamper to finish off the re-organization of our bedroom. So, we wondered around the store last night, and came across these. I thought they were pretty cool, and Nick loved them. We're in need of a new coffee table. Ours is circa 1970 and actually a remnant of the Ex's grandmother's residence in our home. So, the ottomans above would 1) look more modern, 2) provide storage and 3) provide additional seating at parties. Thing is, we got them home, and they look awful. Maybe it's our couch or the rest of the furniture we have, but they just don't go. They're not big enough either. Bummber. We bought a rug too, but it doesn't go either. So, back to the store they go. Now I'm on the hunt for a coffee table. And a rug. Shopping, here I come.

7/21/2006 10:53:00 AM :: ::
15 Comments:
  • That's too bad those ottoman's didn't go... They are pretty cool looking. Happy hunting and shopping!

    By Blogger Froggie, at 7/21/2006 11:21:00 AM

     


  • And it looked so good in my head. I don't know what went wrong. Doh!

    By Blogger An Observer, at 7/21/2006 11:33:00 AM

     


  • Shopping is fun!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7/21/2006 12:21:00 PM

     


  • I say ,any excuse for shopping, can't be a bad one...

    By Blogger KaraMia, at 7/21/2006 12:34:00 PM

     


  • Have you tried places like TJ Maxx or Marshall's or Home Goods? We got our ottomans (with hinged tops, but fabric, not leather) at TJ Maxx for a decent price.

    Happy hunting!

    By Blogger Gypsy, at 7/21/2006 12:56:00 PM

     


  • We just recovered ours with a solid bedsheet and did some semi-upholstery. Works just great and machine washable.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 7/21/2006 01:21:00 PM

     


  • I think our coffee table is circa 1970. We've had it since then.

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 7/21/2006 01:44:00 PM

     


  • Aw, that sucks, they looked pretty cool. But I guess you never know until you get it home. Well, happy hunting!!!

    By Blogger Twist of Kate, at 7/21/2006 02:17:00 PM

     


  • Oh don't you just hate that!?! I get those 20% coupons from them all the time. I think you should do something really fun for the coffee table...like go to a consignment shop or something.

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 7/21/2006 04:30:00 PM

     


  • Those are cool, though. I wish I had seen those when my kids were little and falling into furniture, they look padded.

    By Blogger annie, at 7/21/2006 04:39:00 PM

     


  • i feel your pain... i had 2 light fixtures for the front of our house custom made and they arrived and i HATE them... in the box, pretty... out of the box and on the walls, fugly.

    By Blogger Kristin, at 7/21/2006 05:09:00 PM

     


  • I need some rugs too. AFTER I get the hardwood re-done. *sigh*

    By Blogger poopie, at 7/22/2006 06:55:00 PM

     


  • FUN!

    Oh to have a coffee table again... ours is in the attic for now. Too hazardous with a toddler. My feet miss it!

    Wonderful that you & Nick are making the house yours.... you two are so sweet!

    And the water park sounds EXCELLENT!

    By Blogger Marie, at 7/23/2006 07:28:00 AM

     


  • You mean you haven't dragged -- er, I mean coaxed -- him over to Ikea yet?

    By Blogger FTS, at 7/23/2006 07:08:00 PM

     


  • Hey, i'm catching up through your posts. Loved Elle's room!
    I just bought stuff for our bedroom redo and most of it is going back. It didnt look good either, once I got it home. I'm knee deep in primer coat, still trying to decide on a shade of tan. why are there 3,000 shades?!!@

    By Anonymous Laura, at 7/24/2006 07:02:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink