<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Have You Been Drinking Tonight? » | The Verdict Is In » | Civic Duty » | Did you know? » | On a Rant » | The Day We Met » | Empty Nest » | Trivia & Other Funny Stuff » | The Hills » | Best Trip Ever! »

Ever Dance Naked in the Pale Moonlight?

Friday, July 14, 2006

There's a certain thrill in danger; in doing something outside of the expected. Some people can push that limit, test the boundaries, slip into the wild side. I'm usually a spectator to those people. A thousand times I've thought of a response to someone's comment but didn't dare say it. I've been tempted to stand up in the middle of a restaurant and yell, just to see how people reacted. A part of me wants to do the unexpected so that people can never take me for granted. Most people mellow with age. That youthful desire for going beyond limits leaves them and they grow comfortable with routine and conformity. I think I'm experiencing the opposite. My mom ingrained in me: Do the right thing. Don't let other people down. Do what's expected of you at all times. Don't disturb the waters. And I always tried to. And I was always so disappointed in myself if I let others down or chose the unexpected. And now, I think I'm becoming more daring. How so you ask? The other night, Nick and I were on the front porch, talking. It was dark. Very late. Our street is very quiet after dark. I'd had a couple of beers. The liquid courage combined with something inside me, and I did it. I took off my shirt. And my pants. And my bra. And I danced in my front yard. Under the moon. Yes, I did. And I felt free.

7/14/2006 01:11:00 PM :: ::
20 Comments:
  • holy smokes, you ROCK! I've got to try that!!
    It's gonna take a lot of beers first tho.
    Awesome!

    Now the big Q, DID Nick do it too??!! LOL

    By Anonymous Laura, at 7/14/2006 01:37:00 PM

     


  • You go girl!!! I've done some naked porch sitting...never naked dancing. But, I think I will have to try it!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 7/14/2006 02:31:00 PM

     


  • LOL, you danced free, the neighbors got out the cam corder...he he
    You sure were not related??
    You go girl!

    By Blogger KaraMia, at 7/14/2006 04:43:00 PM

     


  • Oh, that sounds lovely!!

    By Blogger Raehan, at 7/14/2006 10:24:00 PM

     


  • You ROCK. How cool is that?

    (Me, I'm afraid to even go outside after dark, for fear a mosquito will carry me off to its lair)

    By Blogger Silly Old Bear, at 7/15/2006 10:55:00 AM

     


  • Most freedom I ever felt was riding a four wheeler topless...it was AWESOME!!

    By Blogger poopie, at 7/15/2006 04:26:00 PM

     


  • I'm telling MOM!!! haha! jk! you go sis! love ya, brittany

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/16/2006 12:27:00 AM

     


  • yea! that sounds like fun! good for you lass.

    By Blogger R. Robyn, at 7/16/2006 05:28:00 AM

     


  • Ha ha! Awesome! Let's just hope you don't end up on America's Funniest Home Videos! ;)

    By Blogger Suburban Turmoil, at 7/16/2006 08:25:00 AM

     


  • That's really, really cool. I'd love to try that as well!

    By Blogger Jean-Luc Picard, at 7/16/2006 09:28:00 AM

     


  • OK, you KNOW I'm not a prude, but I have a "Hate thy Nieghbor" thing.

    I seriously would have told the Homeowners Association on you! AFTER I took pics and posted them on my blog!

    By Blogger annie, at 7/16/2006 12:52:00 PM

     


  • That's great! I think we should all let loose from time to time!

    By Blogger My float, at 7/17/2006 02:00:00 AM

     


  • Unleash those baps and set them free!

    Would love to do that but I might give my homeless guy man who sits in my stairwell a heart attack!!! and the rest of the neighbourhood.

    thanks for the chuckle :>)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 7/17/2006 03:13:00 AM

     


  • Unleash those baps and set them free!

    Would love to do that but I might give my homeless guy man who sits in my stairwell a heart attack!!! and the rest of the neighbourhood.

    thanks for the chuckle :>)

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 7/17/2006 03:13:00 AM

     


  • ahh so that was you huh?

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/17/2006 08:49:00 AM

     


  • LOL, that's so so cool, but me, I'd never do anything like that... Wifey and I skinny dip in the pool from time to time, but never naked in the front yard!

    By Blogger Uisce, at 7/17/2006 12:18:00 PM

     


  • I haven't danced with the devil in the pale moonlight. But I did stand in line for Deal or No Deal. I wrote about it today.

    BTW, It's your house, dance if you wanna dance.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 7/17/2006 01:23:00 PM

     


  • Oooh! What fun!

    I've skinny dipped at night before, but that doesn't really count as naked outside because of all that water coverage.

    I'm wondering what you'll do next!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 7/17/2006 02:19:00 PM

     


  • COOL! I have always wanted to do that! You are awesome!

    By Anonymous Nancy, at 7/18/2006 08:50:00 AM

     


  • A couple years ago my wife and I rented a cabin in the mountains that had a hot tub out on the deck. I had fun walking naked around the deck and to and from the hot tub - it was early June and very comfortable weather.

    The only other cabins nearby that I knew of were obscured by trees and branches. Well, mostly obscured as far as I know :) But it was a lot of fun just to stand looking out at nature...au natural...

    By Blogger Barry, at 7/19/2006 11:16:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink