<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Room Makeover » | Ever Dance Naked in the Pale Moonlight? » | Have You Been Drinking Tonight? » | The Verdict Is In » | Civic Duty » | Did you know? » | On a Rant » | The Day We Met » | Empty Nest » | Trivia & Other Funny Stuff »

I Feel Whiney

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

And it has nothing to do with the 3/4 bottle of wine I drank last night. For $6.99 a bottle, it wasn't too bad. Nick thought it was a little dry, but it went well with the rib-eyes I grilled. Yes, I grilled, in the 100+ degree heat. It's not like I had to stand over the flame-pit for more than two minutes at a time though. So it wasn't all bad. But, I'm feeling whiney because of the heat. I live in Texas. I should be used to this. But there's no reason it should be this damn hot! We didn't get much of a winter this year, so I'm feeling like last summer never ended. Caught in the perpetual summer. That's us Texans. This week's forecast, like most of the country, shows numbers all above 100. Until Friday. And on Friday it will be a downright-chilly 97. Better break out the parka. My electric bill for the month is $230. Not bad you say? I have a small house. One level. But Nick keeps the thermostat set at 65. His sexy hairiness also leads to him being extremely sensitive to heat. So, I would normally whine and say I want to live somewhere like New England where it doesn't get hot in the summer, but I understand it's fairly warm there too. Let's see...in Helena, Montana, today's heat-wave high is 93. I wonder if I could deal with that?

7/18/2006 09:43:00 AM :: ::
16 Comments:
  • oh yeah, it's 92 where I am right now. and it feels more like 2000 degrees! ugggh! stay cool!

    By Blogger Uisce, at 7/18/2006 10:26:00 AM

     


  • I've always said that when I retire I'm spending half a year in Ann Arbor and the other half (winter) in Las Vegas. Right now it's 79 degrees in Ann Arbor. It's 93 in KC.

    God I hate summer.

    By Blogger JustCara, at 7/18/2006 12:15:00 PM

     


  • It's hot here too! At least it's a dry heat, but I'm whiney anyway! Come on, winter, so I can bitch about the cold!

    By Anonymous abbynormal, at 7/18/2006 01:15:00 PM

     


  • I love how when you go from your A/C house to your A/C car to your A/C work or store, you immediately get slapped with boiling hot oatmeal to breathe. It literally stops you dead in its tracks.

    By Blogger Dorothy, at 7/18/2006 01:54:00 PM

     


  • It's pretty hot in Idaho. 100. I whine about it and Brian turns up the air and tells me to stop whining. Oh well. I also BBQ when it's hot as hell outside. Except one time I did burn myself opening the lid. Because it's black. And it was in the sun. Ouch!

    By Blogger Jolynn, at 7/18/2006 02:10:00 PM

     


  • All my ex's live in Texas...ok, ONE. But he always laugh's at the weather men in washington that say a "warm front" is coming at 72 degrees....hehe

    By Blogger KaraMia, at 7/18/2006 03:02:00 PM

     


  • Well we've actually seen the sun back in England, and we can't cope at all.

    By Blogger culfy, at 7/18/2006 05:18:00 PM

     


  • please, it is 88 here in Laguna Beach... usually it isn't even 80 this time of year... SUCKS!!

    By Blogger Kristin, at 7/18/2006 05:53:00 PM

     


  • I think the heat is killing the whole of North America this year. I'm from The Great White North, and let me tell you, people in Canuckia are accustomed to complaining that we don't get more than a week or two of "hot" in the summer... and that week is broken up with a day here, and another last week... but THIS year?! I thought I couldn't handle the heat because of "my age", finally. I'm only slightly relieved to hear that it's not just me, however...

    Here from Michele's - and I'm drooling at the thought of those rib-eyes!

    By Blogger Les Becker, at 7/18/2006 06:03:00 PM

     


  • I don't live in New England, but it's hot as heck here too. It's even hot in Europe. I don't think I could live in 65 degree house temperatures. I'd have a sweatshirt on for sure...and socks!!!

    By Blogger Carnealian, at 7/18/2006 08:44:00 PM

     


  • Too hot to dance on the porch here as well as over there I guess!

    Us Brits aren't good with heat.

    Don't think I could cope living in really hot places.

    Iceland here I come!!

    By Blogger The Wisdom of Wislon, at 7/19/2006 02:56:00 AM

     


  • 65 degrees is the minimum temperature required in the Stellar house to keep me from doing my Bruce Banner impression. “Mr. McGee, don’t make me angry…”

    I love winter,sadly in Texas we don’t have one.I think we gave up our rights to it when we re-joined the union.

    By Blogger An Observer, at 7/19/2006 09:24:00 AM

     


  • Im right there with ya I live in Garland.. our electric bill was.... are you sitting down...$530.. and we have a 1 story home... I about fell over. I had to call the electric co. and tell them I would give them my first born in leu of paying my electric bill...lol

    By Blogger Ladybird, at 7/19/2006 06:40:00 PM

     


  • p.s. my hubby is from England and... he is melting:)

    By Blogger Ladybird, at 7/19/2006 06:42:00 PM

     


  • It's frying pan hot here on the East Coast too. Thanks so much for stopping by Suburban Island today. I'm glad you did because it gave me a chance to visit your blog.

    By Blogger Suburban Island, at 7/20/2006 10:00:00 PM

     


  • Proactiv Solution, Acne Treatment, Skin care

    Proactive Acne Treatment. Lowest Prices Online!

    By Blogger Acne Treatment, at 2/19/2007 11:35:00 AM

     


Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink