<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Interstellar Adventure
Adventure: the pursuit of life — Daniel Roy Wiarda

« Home | Ever Dance Naked in the Pale Moonlight? » | Have You Been Drinking Tonight? » | The Verdict Is In » | Civic Duty » | Did you know? » | On a Rant » | The Day We Met » | Empty Nest » | Trivia & Other Funny Stuff » | The Hills »

Room Makeover

Monday, July 17, 2006

We're knee deep in home projects at the moment. There's crown moulding on my living room floor, Zed's room has no bed, and yesterday I was spraying noxious fumes in my den, fixing cracks in the wall. Plus, all the other rooms in the house are suffering from being ignored in favor of projects. We thought it was a good time to do projects since the kids are out of the house. They spent the weekend with us, so one room in the house is 'put together'. Here are some "before" pictures of Elle's room. Note the ugly wallpaper. I'm mad that I forgot to take pictures at the "real" start because there was a really ugly light fixture in there. BEFORE:
AFTER:
I still have a couple of things to do, like hang some shelves, and I bought some memo strips that I'm going to use above her bed since that wall is very bare. Oh, and the bed really needs a skirt. But, I have to report that she loved the room. I took her in with her eyes closed, then Nick and I yelled "Surprise!". She took a look around the room and then screamed and jumped up and down. I am SO proud of how it turned out! The stripe around the room wasn't in the original plan, but the main wall color, Mermaid Song, was so intense, I felt like it needed to be broken up somehow. And here's a tip: if you buy a laser level, buy a good one. The one that's $10 at Wal-Mart at 10 pm isn't worth crap. The den, and then Zed's room are next on the list. I think I'm going to be on a permanent high from paint fumes!

7/17/2006 09:39:00 AM :: ::
13 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

InterstellarLass :: permalink